Creating A Disk Label Form A Jpeg File

sheabo35

Question

23 answers to this question

Bruce: You can download MediaFace II (version 2.3) at the following location:

www.sonicspot.com/mediaface/mediaface.html.

Once at that web site, way down in the lower left hand corner you can click on MEDIAFACE2.EXE-- 7.1 MB

(don't click on the top one that says "Product download Page") as that will just take you to Neato's web site

Save the file to your desktop and run it to install the program. Then you can get the othet NTT file we were talking about for the Core and Spline labels.

Hope that helps

Frank....

Actually Tim, I like the earlier version of MediaFace II a lot better. I have the Version 4 but don't like it as much. Both of them are great for making labels however.

Thatks for getting back with a reply.

Frank....

LOL, Frank. All that I use is MediaFace II. It works great, and is real simple to use. I don't like Version 4.

O.K. Bruce, here's the path:

www.neato.com then in the lower left side of the web page under click on NEATO SUPPORT--TECH SUPPORT. On the next screen cursor way on down (past the MediaFace4) to where MediaFace II questions are asked. Under the question "Where is the template for my CD labels with core and spline paper" ? Click on that and under the MediaFace II (only ver. 2.4.2) click on US LETTER SIZED PAPER and then down load and save the file named uscdplus.ntt. Copy that file to C:/Program Files\MediaFaceII\Template.

(If you have an earlier ver. than 2.4.2, there is the same template down load for it under the 2.4.2 ver. down load).

Now when you open up MediaFace and on the SELECT TEMPLATE screen, cursor down the list of templates till you find the one that says US CD LABELS WITH CORE and SPLINE.

I use those little core labels that are on the template, quite often.

Frank............

O.K. Bruce, here's the path:

www.neato.com then in the lower left side of the web page under click on NEATO SUPPORT--TECH SUPPORT. On the next screen cursor way on down (past the MediaFace4) to where MediaFace II questions are asked. Under the question "Where is the template for my CD labels with core and spline paper" ? Click on that and under the MediaFace II (only ver. 2.4.2) click on US LETTER SIZED PAPER and then down load and save the file named uscdplus.ntt. Copy that file to C:/Program Files\MediaFaceII\Template.

(If you have an earlier ver. than 2.4.2, there is the same template down load for it under the 2.4.2 ver. down load).

Now when you open up MediaFace and on the SELECT TEMPLATE screen, cursor down the list of templates till you find the one that says US CD LABELS WITH CORE and SPLINE.

I use those little core labels that are on the template, quite often.

Frank............

Thanks, Frank. Neither of those work with mine. I have Media Face II - Version 2.0

Just a note to let you know I edited a word out of the subject line and in the context. I'm surpised it got thru the filters.

Paul, thanks for changing the heading. I tried, but it would only allow changes to the body.

Tim

When adding text and pictures to the disc layout portion of the tab in label creator, it will print whatever you see in that layout. I use a combination of a selected picture I like plus my own text box. You will need to position and size/shape the pictures in the circle provided to look whatever way you want to. The pictures will still be whatever shape they were orginally (or how you changed them), but they will position themselves wherever you put them. You can set the text to curve like the disc label, but personally I don't like how that comes out. If you use pictures that are round (such as scans of your discs themselves), you can size/shape them to fit the disc layout almost exactly.

Rich86, thanks for the prompt response. Do you know of any good JPEG editors I can use to modify the picture before importing it to Label Maker?

Tim

Paul, thanks for changing the heading. I tried, but it would only allow changes to the body.

Tim

No problem. It was funny but once one person gets away with something, more will follow then it the forum becomes something completely different. I'm not a good typist either :)

Actually Tim, I like the earlier version of MediaFace II a lot better. I have the Version 4 but don't like it as much. Both of them are great for making labels however.

Frank....

Frank, I tried the small program that came with my CD Stomper and it does just what I want. Who would have thought. :) To do some minor editing of JPEG's I'm starting to use LView Pro.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Very sorry Bruce that I haven't gotten back to you on this issue for such a long time. Great that you finally got the right version that will enable you to down load the new template. This is probably one of the best label creator programs I have ever used. One can print just about anything you have on a label. Of course some people hate stick on labels, saying they are no good but I have never had a problem.

Frank...

That's great Bruce. I don't know what brand or type of labels you are using, but I ordered a whole bunch of "Neato" labels that are the "Spline & Core" type. The Media Face II version doesn't have that exact type of label in it's default Templates list. However, you can download it from their website www.neato.com and download the particular ".ntt" file. It's A4CDPLUS.ntt" and another one for the spline and cores is named "USCDPLUS.ntt". After downloading them just place them in the "MediaFACEII\Template" folder along with all the other ntt files. When it comes up in the program choices it's called "US CD Labels with Core and Spline". It not only has two full CD labels per sheet but also 2 very small labels that you place on the inside of the CD, that goes around the hole in the CD, and along the left side it also has 2 spline labels. I use them all for various labels.

Frank.....

That's great Bruce. I don't know what brand or type of labels you are using, but I ordered a whole bunch of "Neato" labels that are the "Spline & Core" type. The Media Face II version doesn't have that exact type of label in it's default Templates list. However, you can download it from their website www.neato.com and download the particular ".ntt" file. It's A4CDPLUS.ntt" and another one for the spline and cores is named "USCDPLUS.ntt". After downloading them just place them in the "MediaFACEII\Template" folder along with all the other ntt files. When it comes up in the program choices it's called "US CD Labels with Core and Spline". It not only has two full CD labels per sheet but also 2 very small labels that you place on the inside of the CD, that goes around the hole in the CD, and along the left side it also has 2 spline labels. I use them all for various labels.

Frank.....

Thanks, Frank. In a cursory view of their site, I did not find where I could download that file.

Bruce: You can download MediaFace II (version 2.3) at the following location:

www.sonicspot.com/mediaface/mediaface.html.

Once at that web site, way down in the lower left hand corner you can click on MEDIAFACE2.EXE-- 7.1 MB

(don't click on the top one that says "Product download Page") as that will just take you to Neato's web site

Save the file to your desktop and run it to install the program. Then you can get the othet NTT file we were talking about for the Core and Spline labels.

Hope that helps

Frank....

Thanks, Frank. It won't work in version 2.3, either. :)

Guest mlpasley
You can set the text to curve like the disc label, but personally I don't like how that comes out.

Curved text looks great and impresses the heck out of people (although I have no idea why.)

It should if you download the file that is available for other than the ver. 2.4.2. As I remember there were two separate files that you could download. One was for 2.4.2 and the other one was for earlier versions. If I had an e-mail for you, I would send the 2.4.2 version. Either that or I could place it on my ISP website and you might download it from their from an FTP site.

Man, I'm trying to get you there, but haven't succeeded yet. :)

Frank...

Tim:, I use a free program that you can down load from www.neato.com and also use their labels. Their program can edit just about any jpeg picture you have and enable you to place it anywhere on the label, including a one shot deal to make it cover the entir disk.

Frank...

Thanks Frank. I downloaded the MediaFace 4 trial version. Is this the one you mean?

Tim

It should if you download the file that is available for other than the ver. 2.4.2. As I remember there were two separate files that you could download. One was for 2.4.2 and the other one was for earlier versions. If I had an e-mail for you, I would send the 2.4.2 version. Either that or I could place it on my ISP website and you might download it from their from an FTP site.

Man, I'm trying to get you there, but haven't succeeded yet. :huh:

Frank...

Sent to you. :)

I would like to make a Disk Labels from JPEG pictures downloaded from the internet. All of the pictures are rectangular. How do I manipulate/edit them so they look ok on the round disk? Is this posible?

Thanks

Tim

When adding text and pictures to the disc layout portion of the tab in label creator, it will print whatever you see in that layout. I use a combination of a selected picture I like plus my own text box. You will need to position and size/shape the pictures in the circle provided to look whatever way you want to. The pictures will still be whatever shape they were orginally (or how you changed them), but they will position themselves wherever you put them. You can set the text to curve like the disc label, but personally I don't like how that comes out. If you use pictures that are round (such as scans of your discs themselves), you can size/shape them to fit the disc layout almost exactly.

Thanks Frank. I downloaded the MediaFace 4 trial version. Is this the one you mean?

Tim

Frank....

Man, I'm trying to get you there, but haven't succeeded yet. :)

Frank...

Frank, thanks. I am getting e-mail right now, but I found that version on the net, and installed it.

Archived