• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Google Desktop And Emc8 Drag To Disc

dpoliteski

Question

Hi,

I notice every time I rebuild my operating system, add my applications, including EMC8, and then later add Google Desktop after the next reboot I get a Drag To Disk error, something about missing files and a need to reinstall it.

Anyone come across this? It is very repeatable for me, every time I re-install from scratch I hit this issue... Simple solution, not use Google Desktop right? hehe. But I find it useful, and just wondering if anyone has come across this before... Must be people that it happened to, or maybe didn't realize which application was causing Drag to Disc to have a problem.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dan.

7 answers to this question

Guest ivanatrox

I tested Google Desktop and did not get any error message after reboot. However, I got the error message after installing Picasa 2.

Ivan

Hi,

I notice every time I rebuild my operating system, add my applications, including EMC8, and then later add Google Desktop after the next reboot I get a Drag To Disk error, something about missing files and a need to reinstall it.

Anyone come across this? It is very repeatable for me, every time I re-install from scratch I hit this issue... Simple solution, not use Google Desktop right? hehe. But I find it useful, and just wondering if anyone has come across this before... Must be people that it happened to, or maybe didn't realize which application was causing Drag to Disc to have a problem.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dan.

I use Googel Desktop but not Drag to Disk but to my knowledge, no one has posted about this before. You should send information in to tech support so they can bug it.

Hi,

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dan.

I saw a posting somewhere, outside of these forums, that spoke of the problems that Google Desktop has caused. I wish that I could remember where I saw it, but since I don't use Google Desktop, I just dismissed it as another post.

Do a Google on the Google, I guess. :)

Hi,

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dan.

Same thing happened to me except in my case it was due to an installation of Google Picasa. Even EMC8 reinstall didn't help.

I tried a complete EMC8 uninstall and then an install. It worked!!!

Roxio web support is terrible!

Sol

Hi,

Please let me know.

Regards,

Dan.

So, what happens if you add the Google Desktop first, and then install EMC 8?

Same thing happened to me except in my case it was due to an installation of Google Picasa. Even EMC8 reinstall didn't help.

I tried a complete EMC8 uninstall and then an install. It worked!!!

Roxio web support is terrible!

Sol

How was the support at Google? You went there first, correct? According to you, Google caused the problem. :):huh:

Archived