• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning A Videowave Production

tonyosis

Question

I am somewhat new to MyDVD/VideoWave. I am using 9.0 and have completed a rather large, fancy production (4.4GB).

What are the steps to burn this production at the highest resolution possible, and using a simple menu at the beginning, onto a DVD?

I did this once about 6 months ago, by the suggestion of one of the techs, but have forgotten since and have misplaced the directions. Some included some handy little tricks that would not have been otherwise listed in any self help menu.

Thank you for taking your time in assisting me with what is probably a simple step-by-step task.

Tony

2 answers to this question

Open MyDVD. Click on the Add New Movie/Photo and select the Videowave production. This will create a title in your menu. If you want to change menu, there are predefined styles and you can choose by clicking Change Menu Style. Select High Quality (lower right part) for quality. There is a Burn icon on the top part of the application. You may want to create an image file first (ISO). Then use Disc Copier to burn the image onto DVD.

There are good information in the Tips and Tricks section of EMC 9 forum that provide detailed process on creating videos up to burning onto DVD.

I am somewhat new to MyDVD/VideoWave. I am using 9.0 and have completed a rather large, fancy production (4.4GB).

What are the steps to burn this production at the highest resolution possible, and using a simple menu at the beginning, onto a DVD?

I did this once about 6 months ago, by the suggestion of one of the techs, but have forgotten since and have misplaced the directions. Some included some handy little tricks that would not have been otherwise listed in any self help menu.

Thank you for taking your time in assisting me with what is probably a simple step-by-step task.

Tony

When creating a DVD, filesize does not mean very much. It is the time length of your production that is important. A standard 4.7GB DVD will hold 60 minutes of video at best quality. Any more and the quality has to be reduced to fit on the DVD. Burning to an image (iso) file and then using DiscCopier will transcode the iso file to fit on the DVD without too much loss in quality.

Archived