• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Not Getting What I See In Imovie...

ghoniba

Question

Hi All:

I just purchased Toast8. I wanted it so I can record my iMovie files to DVD video. My iMovie is in widescreeen, 16 by 9. Toast8 refuses to record it in widescreen even when I selected custom and selected 16 by 9. There are black bars on the final DVD. The file looks fine in iMovie. Any thoughts on how to correct it?

I am adding the iMovie file to Toast8 by dragging it to the Toast 'DVD-Video' pane window. I did go to the custom settings and I selected 16:9 , but still comes out incorrectly.

Oh, one other thing... the little preview displayed in Toast8 looks fine, but again it just doesn't write it to DVD that way.

Thank you, Glenn

Mac: Dual 1.25 running 10.5.1

iMovie: 5.0.1

3 answers to this question

Thank you tsantee I appreciate you help. I tried what you suggested and it still comes up with the wrong widescreen size. The only way I found to make it work is to render it out as a high quality Quicktime movie, then right it to DVD using Toast8. It is iMovie HD.

Thanks again, Glenn

Which version of iMovie are you using? If it is iMovie HD then use the Toast Media Browser to access the iMovie Project file and drag the video from the browser to the Video window. Place the iMovie Project file in your Movies folder and choose Movies with the top button of the media browser.

Or are you using the new iMovie that's part of iLife '08. (I hate it that Apple named an entirely different application the same as the former iMovie because it makes things really confusing in these forums).

Thank you tsantee I appreciate you help. I tried what you suggested and it still comes up with the wrong widescreen size. The only way I found to make it work is to render it out as a high quality Quicktime movie, then right it to DVD using Toast8. It is iMovie HD.

Thanks again, Glenn

I believe my brother ran into a similar problem between Toast and Final Cut Express with videos he shot using a camera with anamorphic lens. The only solution we found was to use MyDVDEdit to change the aspect ratio flag in the DVD's IFO file. If this is something you want to get into, let me know.

Which version of iMovie are you using? If it is iMovie HD then use the Toast Media Browser to access the iMovie Project file and drag the video from the browser to the Video window. Place the iMovie Project file in your Movies folder and choose Movies with the top button of the media browser.

Or are you using the new iMovie that's part of iLife '08. (I hate it that Apple named an entirely different application the same as the former iMovie because it makes things really confusing in these forums).

Archived