• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

No Sound

kakasnarta

Question

hi

i have just installed roxio 10..been trying to create video file from mpegs imported from jvc camcorder..i have made storyline and etc and played preview everything is video and sound both working when i go to output and save in mpeg format there is no sound when playes back in windows media player just video...whats best format to save in ???????? tryed wma file this works but file is very largeis there anyway to save in mpeg format and get sound...which mpeg etc thanks kaka

9 answers to this question

I have the same problem. I take a DVR-MS file I recorded with Vista Media Center and pull it into My DVD. It converts into MPEG 2. What I want to do next is edit the MPEG 2 into smaller clips, at the highest MPEG 2 quality I can get.

I set Output As to MPEG 2 Best Quality. The clip outputs, but I get video and no sound when I play the clip back on Windows Media Player or Vista Media Center, which makes it useless for me. However when I play the clip in My DVD or Videowave, I get sound.

If go back and OutPut As at MPEG 2 Good Quality, I get video and sound (I can see the lower video quality, so I'm not happy with this output quality)

The problem seems to be with Windows Media Player and Vista Media Center not being able to play back AC 3

Any ideas? I'm trying to get the highest quality MPEG 2 clips I can get, converting from DVR-MS.

hi

i have just installed roxio 10..been trying to create video file from mpegs imported from jvc camcorder..i have made storyline and etc and played preview everything is video and sound both working when i go to output and save in mpeg format there is no sound when playes back in windows media player just video...whats best format to save in ???????? tryed wma file this works but file is very largeis there anyway to save in mpeg format and get sound...which mpeg etc thanks kaka

Vista codecs_v473

http://www.digital-digest.com/software/Vis...ec_Package.html

worked for me. prior to intalling had sound in each mpeg codec but best, now all.

There is more than one way to accomplish what you want.

If, however, you're looking for a finished production, I'd recommend you burn that production as a DVD to your hard drive.

Take the production into MyDVD or MyDVD Express and put it on a menu. Burn your DVD to the hard drive.

Then Windows Media Center should be able to play that from your hard drive.

This has the advantage of being able to save space (mpeg2), getting the best quality playback, and you can use Disk Copier to burn that DVD on you hard drive to a disk at any time.

hi

as a quick update on above problem i tried playing my saved mpeg file in cineplayer...and i get sound !!!!!! it seems i only get no sound in windows media player and media centre...mmmmmmmm sounds like it more like conflict with these programmes...oohhh by the way system is running on vista !!!!!! which doesnt help as vista is very tempremental hahahahaah. :rolleyes:

hi

hi thanks for reply

im not trying to burn to disc at moment just saving the video to hard drive as file to play on windows media centre etc but as i say the video is there but no sound...i only get sound when saved as wma file but these are very large files.i would have thought that saving your production in mpeg would save sound as well but maybe i do something wrong????>

tryed several times but each time no sound in mpeg format...but sound is there in preview before outputing.

hi thanks for reply

im not trying to burn to disc at moment just saving the video to hard drive as file to play on windows media centre etc but as i say the video is there but no sound...i only get sound when saved as wma file but these are very large files.i would have thought that saving your production in mpeg would save sound as well but maybe i do something wrong????>

tryed several times but each time no sound in mpeg format...but sound is there in preview before outputing.

How are you getting the video from your camcorder to your PC? Are there several files involved and do you want to combine them in Videowave and then output as a single file?

You will have to give us a bit information on what you are exactly doing and what program in EMC 10 you are using. Outputing to a wma file is useless since it is only an audio file (wma = Windows Media Audio). If you are Outputting to a video foramt your only choices are avi, wmv or mpeg

hi thanks for reply

hi

yes sorry what i meant was a wmv file not a wma file..........ok heres what i did took some video files with jvc camcorder i inputed these to hard drive on computer, then using videowave i created video using several of the files ...i wanted to save the finished production to hard disk to play on windows media or media centre......so at first i outputed as mpeg this saved and went to hard drive ok...but when opened in media centre i only got video not sound...then i tryed again and outputed in wmv format this worked ok i got video and sound when opened in media player....but the file is much larger in wmv....my y question is why dont i get sound when i save in mpeg havent tryed avi ...thought mpeg was beast to save in but any advice would be help on what to save in

thanks kaka

hi

yes sorry what i meant was a wmv file not a wma file..........ok heres what i did took some video files with jvc camcorder i inputed these to hard drive on computer, then using videowave i created video using several of the files ...i wanted to save the finished production to hard disk to play on windows media or media centre......so at first i outputed as mpeg this saved and went to hard drive ok...but when opened in media centre i only got video not sound...then i tryed again and outputed in wmv format this worked ok i got video and sound when opened in media player....but the file is much larger in wmv....my y question is why dont i get sound when i save in mpeg havent tryed avi ...thought mpeg was beast to save in but any advice would be help on what to save in

thanks kaka

There is more than one way to accomplish what you want.

If, however, you're looking for a finished production, I'd recommend you burn that production as a DVD to your hard drive.

Take the production into MyDVD or MyDVD Express and put it on a menu. Burn your DVD to the hard drive.

Then Windows Media Center should be able to play that from your hard drive.

This has the advantage of being able to save space (mpeg2), getting the best quality playback, and you can use Disk Copier to burn that DVD on you hard drive to a disk at any time.

Archived