• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Data Burning Error

Lost983

Question

Hello,

I can't burn new data to existing dvd+rom disc. I can burn new .avi files to blank media with no problem, but when I tried to add new .avi file to existing dvd I get a medium error message. I get this message when burning process in 99%. However, it will not complete the burn process. However, I don't get any error message when I burn data (.avi) files to full disc. I don't know why I can't add new data to existing disc with 2gb worth of free space. It will not complete the burn process and display an error message saying creator classic need to close. This doesn't happen all the time it is random is there something wrong with my dvd+rw drive or bad disc?

Blow is error log created by Roxio.

Roxio

Application:

Roxio Creator Classic Log File Version 8.0

Components:

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows XP Personal Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Can anyone help how to attach file rather than just copy and paste? I appericate all your insights and hope to hear from you soon.

Have a nice Day.

Edit: 1-1/2 page log file deleted.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

I can't burn new data to existing dvd+rom disc. I can burn new .avi files to blank media with no problem, but when I tried to add new .avi file to existing dvd I get a medium error message. I get this message when burning process in 99%. However, it will not complete the burn process. However, I don't get any error message when I burn data (.avi) files to full disc. I don't know why I can't add new data to existing disc with 2gb worth of free space. It will not complete the burn process and display an error message saying creator classic need to close. This doesn't happen all the time it is random is there something wrong with my dvd+rw drive or bad disc?

Blow is error log created by Roxio.

Roxio

Application:

Roxio Creator Classic Log File Version 8.0

Components:

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows XP Personal Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)

Can anyone help how to attach file rather than just copy and paste? I appericate all your insights and hope to hear from you soon.

Have a nice Day.

Edit: 1-1/2 page log file deleted.

It is doubtful that you would get anyone to read that multi-page log and make any sense of it. Rewritable media can go south on you at any time. Have you had any problems with regular DVD +R or -R discs? What brand of media are you using?

Hello,

My mistake in early posting by saying I used a dvd-rom disc, but I used a TDK DVD+R47FCB100 Single-Sided 16x for burning. I have been using same media for almost a year. Problem start happening 3 months ago. I have been my LG dvd burner for over two years. I placed an order for Verbatim 16x dvd+r because someone told me Verbatim is better media. This kind of error doesn't happen all the time rather it's random. Maybe it is a sign of dvd burner is giving up. The error usually happens in two ways either during burning always 99% windows error alert pop up saying windows encounter error with application (creator classic) and need to close or it just doesn't complete the burning process and emc saying medium error. I also made a mistake of posting multiple pages of error log which I will not do it again. I thought it might help to post error log. What should I do if this problem persist even if I changed to different media? How do I know whether it is software or hardware issue because according to device manger burner is working fine. If you have any further question feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer it.

Thank again and hope you hear you from soon.

Hello,

My mistake in early posting by saying I used a dvd-rom disc, but I used a TDK DVD+R47FCB100 Single-Sided 16x for burning. I have been using same media for almost a year. Problem start happening 3 months ago. I have been my LG dvd burner for over two years. I placed an order for Verbatim 16x dvd+r because someone told me Verbatim is better media. This kind of error doesn't happen all the time rather it's random. Maybe it is a sign of dvd burner is giving up. The error usually happens in two ways either during burning always 99% windows error alert pop up saying windows encounter error with application (creator classic) and need to close or it just doesn't complete the burning process and emc saying medium error. I also made a mistake of posting multiple pages of error log which I will not do it again. I thought it might help to post error log. What should I do if this problem persist even if I changed to different media? How do I know whether it is software or hardware issue because according to device manger burner is working fine. If you have any further question feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer it.

Thank again and hope you hear you from soon.

The medium error does suggest a problem with the media you are using. Make sure that the firmware, for that burner, is updated. If the problem still happens when you use he Verbatims, it could be a sign that the burner is heading south. The one good thing is, new burners are relatively inexpensive now.

Archived