Videowave Editing Problems

David Bate

Question

I have a new Aspire T671 computer running Windows Vista Home premium, and bought and installed EMC10. Because I had a problem with Windows Validation (due to a faulty update of another program) I had to re-install EMC10. After a couple of attempts I had to do a clean install. I followed the instructions in KB Article 000086DR, but could not completely delete all of the folders completely - some said I did not have permission even though I was running as administrator. However, I deleted what files I could and then went ahead.

I can now load a production that I created with EMC9 on my old machine running XP, and can import video (as .avi) from my Digital VCR into a new project. However, when I try to edit it (delete frames, trim frames, edit native audio, add background audio etc) it very soon hangs - even on a small video production. Also, scene recognitionn is very hit & miss.

Having bought a new PC and a new version of Roxio, I find that my functionality is less than it was before (until, that ismy old computer just 'died')

I have now run out of ideas to fix it - has anyone any hope to offer? :angry2:

6 answers to this question

I have now run out of ideas to fix it - has anyone any hope to offer? :angry2:

I set up a second User Account under Windows Vista Home Premium and installed EMC 10 on that account rather than trying to do a clean install. It installed it successfully in both accounts.

Couldn't hurt to try it.

I also have a problem with Videowave hanging while playing back a simple slideshow. If I use 'graphics' for rendering it is much more noticable then when using 'software' redering. The pointer moves and suddenly just sits there for a while and then jumps over 2 or 3 slides. The music conitnues normaly. I have done a "clean install" as recomended by a chat with support. Did not help. They said I needed a video driver update. I got online with my laptop manufacturer and spent about 3 hours downloading all applicable driver updated to it. Still no help. Downloaded and installed ROXIO 10.0.1 update, about and hour and a half, and still not working.

MACHINE: LENOVO 1000 N300

PROCESSOR: INTEL T2 1830MHZ

MEMORY: 1022 MB

VIDEO: 128MB nVIDIA GeForce FX Go7300VIDIA

Has anybody else seen this problem? Driving me nuts!

I could have written your description of what is happening to you. I have the same issues. I just installed the program yesterday and have already had the dreaded blue screen twice with a dump of Windows Vista. It can't be very good for my brand new computer. I also think it was a mistake to stick with Roxio. :angry2:

Since you have not given any description at all of what system you have, what "same issues" you are having, your post is just another "me too" and its impossible to offer any help.

I tried this. At first I thought it had worked - I managed to add some background sound, but found it still hangs on trying to trim video frames. Also, scene detection still does not work - it appears to work during capture, but then when you go in and try to retrieve the scenes it says there are 'no scenes in this view'.

I am now seriously wondering whether it was a mistake to stay with Roxio EMC for my video, and am considering other options. This would be a pity as I would have to scrap partially completed projects transferred from my other computer, and I might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I can't be the only simple user who has had all these problems!!

:angry2:

You have to be in the right 'view' for scenes to appear. You have to be in the My Media view which is the left icon. You'll see a down arrow which you click on to display the scenes.

I don't have a solution for your other problems other than to suggest that you continue with Roxio Tech Support.

I set up a second User Account under Windows Vista Home Premium and installed EMC 10 on that account rather than trying to do a clean install. It installed it successfully in both accounts.

Couldn't hurt to try it.

I tried this. At first I thought it had worked - I managed to add some background sound, but found it still hangs on trying to trim video frames. Also, scene detection still does not work - it appears to work during capture, but then when you go in and try to retrieve the scenes it says there are 'no scenes in this view'.

I am now seriously wondering whether it was a mistake to stay with Roxio EMC for my video, and am considering other options. This would be a pity as I would have to scrap partially completed projects transferred from my other computer, and I might be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. I can't be the only simple user who has had all these problems!!

:angry2:

Archived