• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Blue Screen After Cd Is Burned

123free

Question

I have a Dell computer which came pre-installed with Roxio Creator/MyDVD Combo. After using DLA drag/drop to burn a CD, i'd get a blue screen after the disc ejected and I closed the door on the CD burner. Blue screen message: ( STOP 0X0000007E (OXC0000005,OX806E494F,OXBA50BC30,OXBA50B92C).

The issue seemed to happen only when copying pictures, but not music files. There is also problems with Roxio not 'seeing' the disc in the drive. I have to close everything down and start over. It's also frustrating that I cant drag and drop files directly onto my CD desktop icon. I have to open Roxio first, or copy through the OS.

It seems there are multiple little problems with Roxio and my Dell computer, but it's the blue screen that is most aggravating. I spent several hours on the phone with Dell to fix it again, and I never know how long the fix will hold.

Is there a patch for this problem? Anyone know if this is a compatiblility issue with Dell?

1 answer to this question

Are you ejecting the disc by using right-click > eject?

Or are you simply using the eject button on the burner?

Using the eject button on the burner can force the Operating System to release the disc before it is ready, including pointers so it knows where it's put everything, and causing a crash.

I hope you aren't using Packet-Writing (Sonic's DLA, Roxio's Drag2Disc, Nero's InCD, etc) for anything you plan to KEEP long-term - it is fine for something like transferring files from one computer to another when there are no alternatives and the original is safely on the first computer, but not long-term reliable. Using it with RW media seems to bring out the worst in both - RW is fine for testing things, but not for long-term archiving.

Lynn

Archived