Vic Deadly's rant

Vic Deadly

Question

One of the things I love the most about Roxio is that whenever anyone has a problem, the first thing people tell you to do is uninstall, reinstall. With what I've seen about Cheesy Media Creator 10, what they should be telling you is Reformat, reinstall. What are they up to now, 12 -13 individual uninstallers? I can't wait until ver. 11, it's gonna be so chock full of features that won't work it's gonna need to be on a Blu-ray disc. Then it'll be "throw away your computer, buy a new one, reinstall".

I don't really see how your video card has an impact on your rendering time. I use other programs for this and it's all cpu and memory. Unless when your converting video, you have a little window that's showing you the video in real time, I can't imagine how the video card even matters. If someone knows why it should be, I've love to hear it.

I have Cheesy Media Creator 9 and when I'm using "Music Disc Creator", just playing a song uses between 50 and 55% of my cpu. I don't claim to have the greatest of computers, but in my opinion, a computer with a 2.0 dual core and 2 gigs of ram shouldn't be brought to it's knees just playing a song. Trust me, uninstalling and reinstalling isn't the solution. The problem is with Roxio.

6 answers to this question

One of the things I love the most about Roxio is that whenever anyone has a problem, the first thing people tell you to do is uninstall, reinstall. With what I've seen about Cheesy Media Creator 10, what they should be telling you is Reformat, reinstall. What are they up to now, 12 -13 individual uninstallers? I can't wait until ver. 11, it's gonna be so chock full of features that won't work it's gonna need to be on a Blu-ray disc. Then it'll be "throw away your computer, buy a new one, reinstall".

I don't really see how your video card has an impact on your rendering time. I use other programs for this and it's all cpu and memory. Unless when your converting video, you have a little window that's showing you the video in real time, I can't imagine how the video card even matters. If someone knows why it should be, I've love to hear it.

I have Cheesy Media Creator 9 and when I'm using "Music Disc Creator", just playing a song uses between 50 and 55% of my cpu. I don't claim to have the greatest of computers, but in my opinion, a computer with a 2.0 dual core and 2 gigs of ram shouldn't be brought to it's knees just playing a song. Trust me, uninstalling and reinstalling isn't the solution. The problem is with Roxio.

Mr. Deadly, your post is not helpful and reading your previous posts, it seems you are just interested in complaining. There were folks who attempted to help you but you either didn't want to work with them or gave up. I have an older system very similar to yours with only 1 GB of ram and it burns and plays audio cd's just fine.

Please don't post just to complain. Either attempt to help or stay away!

Mr. Deadly, your post is not helpful and reading your previous posts, it seems you are just interested in complaining. There were folks who attempted to help you but you either didn't want to work with them or gave up. I have an older system very similar to yours with only 1 GB of ram and it burns and plays audio cd's just fine.

Please don't post just to complain. Either attempt to help or stay away!

Mr. Beerman, my post was more helpful than a lot of replies I see within the roxio community. I was just pointing out that a lot of software makers, roxio included, don't feel any need to control their ever growing monsters. As people get faster cpu's, more ram and larger hard drives, companies think it's theirs for the taking. How else would you explain up to 55% cpu usage just to listen to a song in "music disc creator"? How is "uninstall, reinstall" good advice? I see people who are "digital guru's" and this is all they ever tell people. What about inquiring about a persons video card without explaining why it's important, and then when they say what it is, you never get back to them... so what was the point of that? I guess people move up the ranks here with quantity over quality answers. I didn't bother "working "with people because when I say things like, "I'm having a problem with Music Disc Creator", I get answers like "are you using music disc creator?" As for my complaining, I guess I'm just hoping that someone from roxio will read it and , at least a brief moment say to themselves, " You know, I guess we do suck".

Just for laughs, go here and you'll see what I'm talking about >> http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...c=35103<<

Digital Guru indeed.

Two gurus have posted on the topic you've linked to. Which one and what are you complaining about in that topic?

Brendon

Ironically enough, I feel like you would be another good example. The original poster went on and on about how everything was fine on his XP machine, but he was having problems with his Media Center Edition machine. A "guru" replies with "Which one is on the problem machine?" I guess you missed that somehow.

Quantity over quality.

Ironically enough, I feel like you would be another good example. The original poster went on and on about how everything was fine on his XP machine, but he was having problems with his Media Center Edition machine. A "guru" replies with "Which one is on the problem machine?" I guess you missed that somehow.

Quantity over quality.

Vic

How do you it's a he or a she when gender is not set..

All being helpful here..

:ninja:

It would be more honest if you quoted the whole post, instead of being selective:

ML asked if the OP had the same antivirus program on both machines and which was on the problem machine. A perfectly reasonable question since AV suites have been problematic.

As for quantity vs. quality - check my post count :lol:

Mr. "Deadly", these forums are for users of the Roxio/Sonic software to help other users. If you just want to complain about Roxio, send THEM an email or make a telephone call, or print them a letter.

If you're not prepared to help, stop criticizing those who ARE trying to help. Step aside and let them work - and watch the door on your way out.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived