• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning To Multiple Drives At Once

Stephane

Question

Good day,

I have three CD/DVD burners attached to my Powermac. Since I often need to duplicate CDs (always legally) I would like to ability to burn to several burners at once. Is it possible? If so, how can I do it? If not, will Roxio add that feature in a future release? Is there another solution available that already does that?

Thank you,

Stephane

4 answers to this question

Good day,

I have three CD/DVD burners attached to my Powermac. Since I often need to duplicate CDs (always legally) I would like to ability to burn to several burners at once. Is it possible? If so, how can I do it? If not, will Roxio add that feature in a future release? Is there another solution available that already does that?

Thank you,

Stephane

I have three burners in my Mac Pro and I burn 3 copies of the same disk all the time, it's trivial.

1) Make 3 copies of the toast application (as already mentioned)

2) Burn the source CD to a Roxio image

3) Open the three instances of Toast, then in each running instance use that image as the source and it will burn the image to all 3 burners.

Thanks for your reply.

I would be nice though to have such feature would it not?

Stephane

If you make and launch duplicate copies of the Toast application you can assign one to each drive. However, I don't think you can have multiple copies of Toast using the same CD source to copy.

I have three burners in my Mac Pro and I burn 3 copies of the same disk all the time, it's trivial.

1) Make 3 copies of the toast application (as already mentioned)

2) Burn the source CD to a Roxio image

3) Open the three instances of Toast, then in each running instance use that image as the source and it will burn the image to all 3 burners.

Thanks for the first-hand report. It makes sense that it will work if you first create a disc image and then use that as a master.

Archived