• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Compilation Menu Issues

AvLanche

Question

I'm hoping that somebody can help me with this. I have several mini-disks that are of home movies. Since they are only about 20 minutes each, I wanted to compile them into one normal size DVD. I'm using Disc Copier, with the Video Compilation mode. I select all of the files that I want from all of the VIDEO_TS folders from the mini disks(which I've copied to my hard drive), Give them all a title, and Select the "Create A Main Menu" from the options.

The disc is sucessfully created, the menu looks great, and I test it on my PC using Media Player and it works as it should.

I then stick the DVD into my Set Top DVD player hooked to my TV and the menu comes up as it should. If I select the first title, it plays...no problem, YET.

If I select any of the other titles, my DVD player basically "Locks up" and I have to turn it off and back on to get it to respond again.

Is there something in the process that I'm missing that will allow the DVD to be played on a "Normal" DVD player?

Thanks,

Alan

4 answers to this question

I'm hoping that somebody can help me with this. I have several mini-disks that are of home movies. Since they are only about 20 minutes each, I wanted to compile them into one normal size DVD. I'm using Disc Copier, with the Video Compilation mode. I select all of the files that I want from all of the VIDEO_TS folders from the mini disks(which I've copied to my hard drive), Give them all a title, and Select the "Create A Main Menu" from the options.

The disc is sucessfully created, the menu looks great, and I test it on my PC using Media Player and it works as it should.

I then stick the DVD into my Set Top DVD player hooked to my TV and the menu comes up as it should. If I select the first title, it plays...no problem, YET.

If I select any of the other titles, my DVD player basically "Locks up" and I have to turn it off and back on to get it to respond again.

Is there something in the process that I'm missing that will allow the DVD to be played on a "Normal" DVD player?

Thanks,

Alan

What brand of dvds are you using?? Your dvd player may not like your dvds. That is my only guess since it works well in WMP.

Rachel

Archived