Cine Player Hangs Won't Play Dvd's

Chris Nicola

Question

I am trying to get Cine Player to play a DVD to see if I like Cine player. However, when I insert a DVD Cine Player opens and I press play and it just hangs. I wonder if there is a fix.

If I set auto play to Windows media player it works fine but I cant get Cine player to work. I have tried disabling DVD in Windows media player and setting Cine PLayer to play DVD from the programme in each programme options. I have also set Cine player from MY Computer/DVD Video to open with the Cine Player .exe file.

I am wondering if Norton one button check up has done something to the registry or if Real DVD player or INter Actual DVD Player have something to do with it.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris

PS. By the way, does Cine player allow still frame capture?

3 answers to this question

I am trying to get Cine Player to play a DVD to see if I like Cine player. However, when I insert a DVD Cine Player opens and I press play and it just hangs. I wonder if there is a fix.

If I set auto play to Windows media player it works fine but I cant get Cine player to work. I have tried disabling DVD in Windows media player and setting Cine PLayer to play DVD from the programme in each programme options. I have also set Cine player from MY Computer/DVD Video to open with the Cine Player .exe file.

I am wondering if Norton one button check up has done something to the registry or if Real DVD player or INter Actual DVD Player have something to do with it.

Your advice would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Chris

PS. By the way, does Cine player allow still frame capture?

I'm not having that problem but try starting Cineplayer first, then inserting the dvd and see if that works better.

I've looked and it's been asked before and this version of Cineplayer doesn't seem to be able to do frame capture. If it does, they are certainly hiding it well.

I'm not having that problem but try starting Cineplayer first, then inserting the dvd and see if that works better.

I've looked and it's been asked before and this version of Cineplayer doesn't seem to be able to do frame capture. If it does, they are certainly hiding it well.

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried opening Cine Player first but still no joy. Play button tries but just hangs. Also tried opening the media manually from Cine Player to no avail. Actually, when inserting the media the player launches but just can't play. Maybe I should check I havent accidentaly turned off something in msconfig.

Kind Regards

Chris

Are you aware of the problems with registry cleaners like Norton one button check up? If the rest of the EMC 10 Suite works fine, my vote is to dump Real Player and Cineplayer. Isn't Inter Actual DVD Player another Sonic Cineplayer version?

cd

Archived