Ac-3 Audio Help

quietwaves9

Hi!

I having been trying to burn a dvd from video downloaded from my camera onto the computer. When i click on the burn button an error message comes up saying that my software does not support audio and that i have to download AC-3 audio from Roxios website otherwise when i burn the dvd there will be slience. i can not find where this download is? can anyone help? i dont understand why the program did not come with this audio download? Also if anyone has the Easy CD and DVD software and is trying to do the same thing can you tell me if going to video is where i am suppose to go to burn a dvd! Thanks

Hi!

I having been trying to burn a dvd from video downloaded from my camera onto the computer. When i click on the burn button an error message comes up saying that my software does not support audio and that i have to download AC-3 audio from Roxios website otherwise when i burn the dvd there will be slience. i can not find where this download is? can anyone help? i dont understand why the program did not come with this audio download? Also if anyone has the Easy CD and DVD software and is trying to do the same thing can you tell me if going to video is where i am suppose to go to burn a dvd! Thanks

What version of the Roxio software do you have, and did it come with a DVD burner or a computer?

Hi!

Please tell us what program you used to capture the video from your (I assume camcorder) and what cables you used. Also what program you used to produce the DVD that you suggest has no audio. If by chance you are uisng Videowave program, make sure you have the "Native Audio" option box checked (see attachment)

Frank...

As an added suggestion and partial correction to my previous post:

When you check the track option box for the "Native Audio" you will see the audio portion showing in the "Timeline" view. If you uncheck that option. you will NOT see the audio track portion. However, in either case when you play the captured video file, you will or should hear any Native audio.

On the other hand if you have the "Native Audio" option checked, make sure that you DO NOT have the native audio "Muted" as can be noted seeing a small RED light on the left side of the audio track. And then the native audio track will also be "Grayed" out rather than it's normal Blue color. (attachments added).

Frank...

Hello,

If this is the sort of message you have got from your software

post-208-1203197725.jpg

it means that you have one of the many "lesser" versions of software that Sonic/Roxio have been distributing, where the ability to handle AC3 audio has been stripped from the product in an insidious move to require you to go and buy a "fuller" version of the product.

These include OEM versions which are bundled with burner drives or computers [as you might expect] and also supposedly "full-featured" software such as Easy CD and DVD Burning [the red box Vista version].

I'm sorry but if you want to handle videos with the very common AC3 audio you will need to give up your OEM version or the Red Box version that you already paid for, and go and buy something like Easy Media Creator 10 which is a "fuller" [but still not complete] version, but which does handle AC3 audio.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived