Mpeg-2 Activation On Emc 10

jcahouston

Question

I am trying to install EMC 10 and EMC 8 on the same machine (DELL XPS 410). I am doing this because I apparently do not have the Deluxe version of EMC 8 and I am hoping that the features and function not in EMC 8 will be in EMC 10. I did a complete install and it went to completion. When I tried to bring up MyDVD, I got the Mpeg-2 activation error-bad install. I tried "John at Roxio" manual activation but did not get the dialog for an activation code. If I bring up a project under MyDvd in EMC 8 and then try to bring up MyDvd under EMC 10, the program goes to the EMC 8 project. I hope you can follow this. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

3 answers to this question

I am trying to install EMC 10 and EMC 8 on the same machine (DELL XPS 410). I am doing this because I apparently do not have the Deluxe version of EMC 8 and I am hoping that the features and function not in EMC 8 will be in EMC 10. I did a complete install and it went to completion. When I tried to bring up MyDVD, I got the Mpeg-2 activation error-bad install. I tried "John at Roxio" manual activation but did not get the dialog for an activation code. If I bring up a project under MyDvd in EMC 8 and then try to bring up MyDvd under EMC 10, the program goes to the EMC 8 project. I hope you can follow this. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you.

Let's see, hmmn, EMC 8 and EMC 10. You posted in EMC 9. Is there a typo or did you average? :rolleyes: Get rid of EMC 8 and do a proper install of EMC 10. No activation code and everything is active.

I'm not sure if I follow what was bolded. Open EMC 10 and then open the dmsm project that you made in EMC 8. OOPs, what kind of project are you brining up in EMC 10? Slide show or menu?

Are you installing EMC 8 and EMC 10 in completely different folders? Otherwise you may run into all sorts of problems. Also a dmsm project can only be associated with one EMC version, in your case either EMC 8 or EMC 10. EMC 10 does not require any mpeg activation so it seems to indicate that you are having some EMC 8 and EMC 10 "cross-talk". What features do you think you are missing in EMC 8 that you you think are in EMC 10? You should know that EMC 10 has dropped some features that were available in EMC 8 and EMC 9

Let's see, hmmn, EMC 8 and EMC 10. You posted in EMC 9. Is there a typo or did you average? :rolleyes: Get rid of EMC 8 and do a proper install of EMC 10. No activation code and everything is active.

I'm not sure if I follow what was bolded. Open EMC 10 and then open the dmsm project that you made in EMC 8. OOPs, what kind of project are you brining up in EMC 10? Slide show or menu?

According to my post data I started this in EMC 10 Installation. I have had EMC 10 since last October. I deleted EMC 8 once and did a clean install of EMC 10 but had so many problems I went back to EMC 8. I tried to open a dmsd file created in EMC8 videowave and got the Mpeg-2 activation error. I tried your suggestion. It didn't work. Thank you

Are you installing EMC 8 and EMC 10 in completely different folders? Otherwise you may run into all sorts of problems. Also a dmsm project can only be associated with one EMC version, in your case either EMC 8 or EMC 10. EMC 10 does not require any mpeg activation so it seems to indicate that you are having some EMC 8 and EMC 10 "cross-talk". What features do you think you are missing in EMC 8 that you you think are in EMC 10? You should know that EMC 10 has dropped some features that were available in EMC 8 and EMC 9

Ah! You may have hit on my problem. EMC 8 and EMC 10 went into the same Roxio folder under the windows programs folder. Do have any suggestions on the best way to uninstall emc 10 and reinstall in a separate folder? I only have one drive on my pc with one partition. Thank you.

Archived