Mkv, Img, Nzb, Vob File?

Willywilly

Question

12 answers to this question

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I change the img file to an iso file? The mkv files I found a conversion tool, but it really sucks that I need to convert it twice, once with Free Video Converter and then again in Roxio. Why is it, I wonder that Roxio does not support more formats? Am I simply coming across some rarely used file formats, or is Roxio dropping the ball on this? I have been downloading from Itchycats and unfortunately it does not give enough information as to the file format of the particular file download.

Thanks for the lists, I was unable to find this information in either my "owners manual" or in the help files. A few posts I have read have "hinted" at Roxio's poor help files. I guess I am finding the same.

thanks again,

William

Simply change the "img" extension to "iso". mkv is a more rarely used format and nzb is not a "media" format. Vob is also not a video format as such but just an extension used for video files when a DVD or Video_TS folder is created.

Simply change the "img" extension to "iso". mkv is a more rarely used format and nzb is not a "media" format. Vob is also not a video format as such but just an extension used for video files when a DVD or Video_TS folder is created.

I had a tough time changing the extension until I figured out that my file extensions were hidden for known file types. I unchecked the box in folder options and voila, I was able to change the extension by renaming. It is the little victories in life that are so sweet. thanks again.

Thanks for the lists, I was unable to find this information in either my "owners manual" or in the help files. A few posts I have read have "hinted" at Roxio's poor help files. I guess I am finding the same.

thanks again,

William

Hi William,

Posters who hint at poor help systems in EMC 10 haven't gone and looked at them, I'm afraid. They're a lot better than you think.

The list of input types was just a screen clip from the pulldown menus in the actual software. Have a look yourself and you'll see them.

The list of Supported Video Formats for Video Copy and Convert is a screen clip from VCC's help file. Press F1 and go see.

Having file extensions hidden for known file types is a very dangerous Windows default, and that setting would be better done away with. With that setting engaged a virus or trojan called britney.jpg.exe would appear to be called britney.jpg, but when you double-clicked on it you would run the exe file rather than seeing a picture in the viewer. It's much better to see the proper name of the file.

Regards,

Brendon

Okay, bjkaufman emailed me one of his files, and it worked perfectly for me in both Videowave and MyDVD 10. Each of them recoded the MTS file to a slightly smaller MPG file and imported that nicely.

It doesn't seem that there's anything strange about the files. Why is the OP's EMC 10 refusing to recognize and process them?

Regards,

Brendon

Okay, bjkaufman emailed me one of his files, and it worked perfectly for me in both Videowave and MyDVD 10. Each of them recoded the MTS file to a slightly smaller MPG file and imported that nicely.

It doesn't seem that there's anything strange about the files. Why is the OP's EMC 10 refusing to recognize and process them?

Regards,

Brendon

Doing a quick search online, I see a somewhat similar problem with another program where someone suggested renaming .mts to .ts. Maybe that's worth a try. As I am already out of my league with this one, might I also suggest trying TsRemux.

Good luck.

Thanks Paul,

I'm was trying the first suggestion while you were writing that :)

Edit:

I've been off in both Vista and XP and tried out everything I could think of. Simply put, EMC 10.0 will not see .MTS files, nor will it properly process files with the extension changed to something Videowave or MyDVD like. This seems to be a bug in 10.0. I believe the developers know about it, and I hope it will be fixed later.

In the meantime does anyone know of a utility to convert .MTS files to .MPG??

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks Paul,

I'm was trying the first suggestion while you were writing that :)

Edit:

I've been off in both Vista and XP and tried out everything I could think of. Simply put, EMC 10.0 will not see .MTS files, nor will it properly process files with the extension changed to something Videowave or MyDVD like. This seems to be a bug in 10.0. I believe the developers know about it, and I hope it will be fixed later.

In the meantime does anyone know of a utility to convert .MTS files to .MPG??

Regards,

Brendon

Now that I have Paule1942 DVD-VFR not closed, open session, disc problem solved! Send me the file and I'll take a shot at it. :)

cd

Hi Willywilly,

Since there are a large number of applications which write .IMG files and they're not all images of DVDs, your use of .IMG files might be very limited.

Here are the input types accepted by Videowave 10 and MyDVD 10

post-208-1203201325.jpg

and here are the inputs accepted by Video Copy and Convert 10. I'm sorry, but Matroska [mkv] isn't one of them.

post-208-1203201417.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

Thanks,

I followed your link, and i notice from your first table that Video Wave has the .mts extension. For some reason it is not reading my files.

I noticed that, and it has me puzzled.

MyDVD has the same file lists, can you do anything with your .mts files in MyDVD??

How big are those files? Do you have a small one of those files (no more than 5 MB) that you could email me?

Regards,

Brendon

Does EMC support or convert these types of files to DVD format? I am new to this and trying to blunder my way through this maze. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've not tried an .mkv or .nzb but I can say it works fine with .vob files. To use the .img, simply change it to .iso and and EMC will work perfectly with it. I wouldn't think many programs would work with .nzb files as I believe they come from proprietary newsgroup software. At least that's what I remember from using Agent years ago.

Hi Willywilly,

Since there are a large number of applications which write .IMG files and they're not all images of DVDs, your use of .IMG files might be very limited.

post-208-1203201325.jpg

and here are the inputs accepted by Video Copy and Convert 10. I'm sorry, but Matroska [mkv] isn't one of them.

post-208-1203201417.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

I've not tried an .mkv or .nzb but I can say it works fine with .vob files. To use the .img, simply change it to .iso and and EMC will work perfectly with it. I wouldn't think many programs would work with .nzb files as I believe they come from proprietary newsgroup software. At least that's what I remember from using Agent years ago.

Please excuse my ignorance, but how do I change the img file to an iso file? The mkv files I found a conversion tool, but it really sucks that I need to convert it twice, once with Free Video Converter and then again in Roxio. Why is it, I wonder that Roxio does not support more formats? Am I simply coming across some rarely used file formats, or is Roxio dropping the ball on this? I have been downloading from Itchycats and unfortunately it does not give enough information as to the file format of the particular file download.

Hi Willywilly,

post-208-1203201325.jpg

post-208-1203201417.jpg

Regards,

Brendon

thanks again,

William

Archived