• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Toast 8.0.3 Broken In 10.5.2?

stevefink

Question

10 answers to this question

What Toast settings were used to create the disc image? Is it a CD or DVD-sized image file? I can try this on my MacBook Pro with 10.5.2.

It's definitely a DVD sized image file, 4.3 GB. I just made another image file and it won't mount in copy image file mode either. I'm going to reboot see if it makes a difference. Quitting Toast and reopening doesn't help. Thanks.

Edit to say that I restarted and was able to mount the disc image.

It's definitely a DVD sized image file, 4.3 GB. I just made another image file and it won't mount in copy image file mode either. I'm going to reboot see if it makes a difference. Quitting Toast and reopening doesn't help. Thanks.

Edit to say that I restarted and was able to mount the disc image.

I'm wondering if this is related to the problem I've seen with mounting disc images since upgrading to Leopard. I always control-click on the image file in the Finder and choose Mount It from the contextual menu. That's changed in Leopard because the Mount It option only appears after I select More at the bottom of the first menu. Frequently, choosing More causes the spinning ball and the Finder quits and relaunches. After the Finder relaunches I can now access the second window of the contextual menu and select Mount It.

If you are having your problem mounting disc images in Toast it may be that the Finder needs to go through a similar Force Quit and Relaunch.

I noticed after upgrading to 10.5.2 when I select "Copy Disk" it crashes the application, without fail.

Tell me more about this and I'll see if it does the same for me. You apparently have two drives and are trying to copy from one to another. Is this with a CD-R, DVD-R or both? What kind of files? Have you tried using Save as Disc Image and then burning the new disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window?

Hey folks,

I did a bit more research and at this point I don't think Toast is the issue. I think my superdrive is completely hosed. I can't even eject a blank DVD-R in it currently. I've also tried command line utilities that ship stock with OS/X to burn the ISO. No go.

I guess my next visit is AppleCare.

The upgrade to 10.5.2 was most likely coincidence.

Thanks for the help regardless.

/sf

I've dropped to the lowest speed possible. I'm still consistently getting the same error.

Some kind of communication problem was created as a result of your updating to 10.5. Try downloading and applying the 10.5.2 Combo Update instead of doing the incremental 10.5.1-to-10.5.2 update through Software Update. That might fix whatever went wrong. Also check for a firmware update for you disc burning drive.

Tell me more about this and I'll see if it does the same for me. You apparently have two drives and are trying to copy from one to another. Is this with a CD-R, DVD-R or both? What kind of files? Have you tried using Save as Disc Image and then burning the new disc using the Image File setting in the Copy window?

I've got a slightly different problem. I've saved two disc images and burned one successfully. Now the disc image will not mount again in Toast 8.03. I opened the second image successfully once, but didn't burn it. Now the second disc image will not mount. I made another disc image and it, too, mounted the first time, but now will not mount. I'm running 10.5.2 on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz.

I've got a slightly different problem. I've saved two disc images and burned one successfully. Now the disc image will not mount again in Toast 8.03. I opened the second image successfully once, but didn't burn it. Now the second disc image will not mount. I made another disc image and it, too, mounted the first time, but now will not mount. I'm running 10.5.2 on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz.

What Toast settings were used to create the disc image? Is it a CD or DVD-sized image file? I can try this on my MacBook Pro with 10.5.2.

Archived