• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Emc 10 On Xp 64 Bit

mrford

Question

I've been using Roxio Videowave then EMC 8, 9 and now 10 for several years on various hardware. I like to make DVD's of vacations and events that combine still pictures and video. My latest pc is a quad core intel 2.4 ghz and 4gb of ram. EMC 10 ran satisfactory on Vista Business and Home Premium except for the time waiting for folders to load. (my music folder is about 5gb and my pictures/video folder is about 30gb). I saw that Roxio claimed that EMC 10 is 64 bit compatible so I changed operating systems to XP Professional 64. Wow! I'm glad I did! I've had zero problems running my EMC10 apps and overall speed is noticeably faster than Vista. Load times while picking pictures, video or music is very much improved and it is difficult to bog the system down (at this moment, I'm converting a DVD to mpeg4, defraging two of my drives and working on this web site. Taskmanager says my cpu is at 39% and system responsiveness is instantaneous. I've ordered another 4gb of ram to see if it will improve things further. Just wanted other EMC users to know that XP64 works with EMC 10 and works very well. So for me XP64 beats Vista hands down with this application.

1 answer to this question

Archived