• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Where Did The 4 Gigs Go?

tennisboygr

Question

I have somewhat stupid question.

I was copying a DVD-R of mine with Roxio Creator Plus-Dell Edition. And it stopped working, so I turned it off. Somehow I lost about 4 gigs on my hard drive. Now, I know that when the program copies my DVD it stores something called an "Image File" on my hard drive. What I'm wondering is where did those 4 gigs went to? Any idea what I can look it up under so that I can delete the file?

Thanks guys and gals.

-Nate

1 answer to this question

I have somewhat stupid question.

I was copying a DVD-R of mine with Roxio Creator Plus-Dell Edition. And it stopped working, so I turned it off. Somehow I lost about 4 gigs on my hard drive. Now, I know that when the program copies my DVD it stores something called an "Image File" on my hard drive. What I'm wondering is where did those 4 gigs went to? Any idea what I can look it up under so that I can delete the file?

Thanks guys and gals.

-Nate

You could try a Windows search for any files >3GB and created over the last day or so. You could also search for the image file using the extension used for that image file although if the process was terminated prematurely it may have a completely different extension

Archived