• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Import A Sonic Mydvd6.1.3 Project(.dvd) Into Upgrade Product I Now Have: Easy Media Creator 8 Retail Downloadable

billyrowe@usa.net

Question

6 answers to this question

We (us guys) didn't e-mail you; Sonic/Roxio did. We are a group of users just like you. If you want to complain do it to them directly. You might also consider using Sonic's help to see if they have a quicker solution.

EMC 8 should not have deleted either your old products or your project unless you allowed it to (I'll assume you do have a back ups of your project and the old discs from the earlier version, just in case).. Search your computer for both your software and your project. Output your project to an mpg2 or avi file and then import that into EMC 8. Please post your computer specs so we can sort of tell you if your computer is up to he task of EMC 8. This program requires a lot more of your computer than did any of the previous versions.

I assumed that since this is a Roxio board that Roxio team members actually read and visited it occasionally, that would be true on any other support board I have ever been on. The *project* didn't get deleted. However the install procedure said that it was *necessary* to remove old software before continuing, so I allowed it to. Yes, I have the old install files, I only bought and downloaded them a month or two ago. But the point is that the old software crashed repeatedly.

My project is working on five full length DVD movies and cutting and pasting pieces together to form a new file about 4 minutes long with the "highlights". It is a rather large project. When I am working on it, I literally go into a single film clip, try to adjust the beginning and ending of that film clip, and have to immediately save. If I try to go work on a second film clip before saving, it crashes. I have sent the crash notes in to tech support repeatedly. They don't really have an answer. Yes, I reported this current issue to them too.

I am a database developer by profession so this machine runs a number of high end database tools as well as coding tools and things like PhotoShop and never, ever crashes doing any of those things. Roxio's software is literally the only thing that crashes on this machine. It's a HP 4.2 GHz with 1 gig of RAM. The C drive has 143 gig of disk space free. I defrag and run virus checks frequently. I should think that my system would be enough to work on the file ...

As sknis pointed out, we don't work for Roxio. There are one or 2 who visit here but they have a full time job and this board is not what they get paid to do!

Your PC seems fine at first glance, but none of the programs you mentioned utilize your video card like a video editor does! Is it up to date. Many HPs use a motherboard video card which cannot keep up. Also DirectX drivers must be current and supported. Not knocking your PC, just giving you some things to look into.

If you had trouble with the old version and now with a similar, but different, product, it would seem to look like the software is not the problem.

Yikes you MUST be joking. I had spent MONTHS trying to build a project in the old version of MyDVD. It kept crashing. I paid to upgrade to My DVD 6.2. It crashed but less frequently. Finally I bit the bullet after the INCREDIBLY frequent spam mailings and upgraded to Roxio Creator 8 hoping it would do better. You aren't telling me that this upgrade deleted all my old versions of my software products - and expects me to completely start re-creating the entire project from scratch??? This is going to take MONTHS to redo ...

Why did you guys keep emailing me about this "great new software" when it was going to completely be unfunctional with my previous version - but then also delete it? Surely you have some sort of an import utility for this ...?

Lisa

How do I import a Sonic MyDVD6.1.3 project(.DVD) I've created and spent tons of hours on :) into the upgrade product I now have: Easy Media Creator 8 Retail Downloadable? tia

You can't I'm afraid. MyDVD8 in EMC8 is a new re-write of the software following the merger between Sonic and Roxio, so they ar not compatible with each others projects. You'll need to complete that project in MyDVD 6

Yikes you MUST be joking. I had spent MONTHS trying to build a project in the old version of MyDVD. It kept crashing. I paid to upgrade to My DVD 6.2. It crashed but less frequently. Finally I bit the bullet after the INCREDIBLY frequent spam mailings and upgraded to Roxio Creator 8 hoping it would do better. You aren't telling me that this upgrade deleted all my old versions of my software products - and expects me to completely start re-creating the entire project from scratch??? This is going to take MONTHS to redo ...

Why did you guys keep emailing me about this "great new software" when it was going to completely be unfunctional with my previous version - but then also delete it? Surely you have some sort of an import utility for this ...?

Lisa

We (us guys) didn't e-mail you; Sonic/Roxio did. We are a group of users just like you. If you want to complain do it to them directly. You might also consider using Sonic's help to see if they have a quicker solution.

EMC 8 should not have deleted either your old products or your project unless you allowed it to (I'll assume you do have a back ups of your project and the old discs from the earlier version, just in case).. Search your computer for both your software and your project. Output your project to an mpg2 or avi file and then import that into EMC 8. Please post your computer specs so we can sort of tell you if your computer is up to he task of EMC 8. This program requires a lot more of your computer than did any of the previous versions.

Archived