How To Convert Ati_mfplay Files?

robjim

Question

7 answers to this question

Sounds like a file type exported from ATI but that's just a guess.

Where do these files come from?

ProgramID ATI Multimedia Center

FileType ati_mfplay

AppName ATI File Player

EXEFile ATIMMC.EXE

Are you talking about file association? Read this

You might want to read the posts on the ATI site

As far as I can see, the ATIMMC is a multimedia player. That's why I thought that there may be a file association issue. I don't see anything that would indicate that it is a special format. Perhaps it was captured with that program/extension?

ProgramID ATI Multimedia Center

FileType ati_mfplay

AppName ATI File Player

EXEFile ATIMMC.EXE

Are you talking about file association? Read this

You might want to read the posts on the ATI site

As far as I can see, the ATIMMC is a multimedia player. That's why I thought that there may be a file association issue. I don't see anything that would indicate that it is a special format. Perhaps it was captured with that program/extension?

When I had an AIW card ATI included a program to export files to other types but I never used it. I'm sure MMC has been updated many times since I used it. robjim, you should look into what your included software offers you for conversion. If you're not sure, check their site for information.

My brother has post these on a website for downloading. They are of some old family 8mm films. He uses Sonic. I'll include the file name for help. I want to import them, by changing them to mpeg or avi, but so far I can only play them.

Thanks for all the responses.

File name

VTS_01_1

If VTS_01_1 is all you are seeing for a filename you need to alter the Windows settings so that you don't hide the extension for known file types.

If in XP, go to My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View, and uncheck the box for 'Hide extensions for known file types'. Then click on 'Apply to all folders' and OK.

This will allow you to see if the file is

VTS_01_1.VOB

VTS_01_1.IFO or

VTS_01_1.BUP

It will also allow you to rename the .VOB files to .MPG (but not .AVI) and try to import them.

Regards,

Brendon

My brother has post these on a website for downloading. They are of some old family 8mm films. He uses Sonic. I'll include the file name for help. I want to import them, by changing them to mpeg or avi, but so far I can only play them.

Thanks for all the responses.

File name

VTS_01_1

Thanks, I'll give it a try when I get home this evening.

Archived