Copying Photo's From A Vcd Cd

bustersmum

Question

HI

I scanned all my slides from years ago onto my old computer. Once I had finished I burnt them onto a disc in VCD format. Since then my old computer died and took all photo's and files etc with it.. I can open the VCD discs on my new computer in programs such as roxio player, Windows media player etc. but I cannot access the photo's individually or in a way so that I can print them. If anyone knows how I can access them in a way I can separate them again and print them etc. Could you please let me know. I am not overly computer literate so an easy explanation would be best. Hope someone can help me as it is driving me crazy.... thanks

3 answers to this question

HI

I scanned all my slides from years ago onto my old computer. Once I had finished I burnt them onto a disc in VCD format. Since then my old computer died and took all photo's and files etc with it.. I can open the VCD discs on my new computer in programs such as roxio player, Windows media player etc. but I cannot access the photo's individually or in a way so that I can print them. If anyone knows how I can access them in a way I can separate them again and print them etc. Could you please let me know. I am not overly computer literate so an easy explanation would be best. Hope someone can help me as it is driving me crazy.... thanks

One way to get a copy of the pictures is to play your VCD using a software player that has the capabilty to capture a "snapshot" of the pictures. EMC 9's Cineplayer may have that capabilty. You should realize that the quality you will get from the VCD will be a lot poorer then the originals.

In hindsight it would have been a good idea to copy those scanned images to a CD in addition to creating the VCD.

Go through the all of the folders on the VCD. Some VCD Slideshows include the slides but rename them… Tip-off would be a folder with a bunch of files that equal the number of slides.

If you don't have a Player capable of Screen Caps, load the xxxxx.DAT file from the MPEGAV folder into VideoWave, or just select it using Media Selector.

Media Selector can do extracts.

No matter what you use, quality is going to suffer! VCD's are set at 352 X 240 and nothing is going to make those 'pictures' look any better than that…

post-39730-1203248874.jpg

Archived