• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To View Playback On Mac - Asking For Correct Mak

trublvr

Question

I am having a problem viewing only one show transferred from a Series 2 TiVo to my MAC. Other shows transfered from the same TiVo can be viewed. I get the following message when attempting to view the program Psych (recorded from the USA network on 1/18, 2/8 and 2/15)...

The movie cannot be decoded properly. Please make sure that you entered the correct Media Access Key (MAK) in your TiVo Transfer application.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Have you been able to correct it?

2 answers to this question

I've started getting this problem too. It's really frustrating to find that shows you've transferred them removed from your TIVO don't work on your computer. I was able to recover one episode from my Recently Deleted folder on my TIVO, and re-transfer it, and it works fine.

I guess now we're all just supposed to verify that transferred files work before deleting them from our TIVOs, as the reliability of the TiVoToGo software to properly retain MAK information is up in the air.

There's nothing like a lack of trust in a software product to do what it's supposed to to destroy confidence of your customers.

Roxio's REALLY dropped the ball. Between the inability to transfer files that took 3 months to fix after the TIVO Fall update, to the audio/video sync issues that are STILL unresolved from November, and now this 'invalid MAK' business, their reputation from my point of view has gone straight down the shitter.

This same problem started for me last night.

I rebooted my tivo and my mac.

The shows will now transfer but only approximately a minute of each show.

Was there a Tivo update yesterday or the day before that may have messed things up again? Does anyone know?

Andy

Archived