Unable To Launch Toast 8 After Ungrading To Os 10.5.1

Robert_SK

Question

11 answers to this question

Interesting. I have a com.roxio.Toast.plist and a Roxio Toast Prefs file in my User>Library. I was wrong about the QuickTime Plugins folder. My QuickTime codecs are in the Root>QuickTime folder.

Hi again,

Just found the prefs files and removed them as suggested. I am afraid that that didn't help launch Toast. It looks as if it is going to launch ie dock icon appears but then thinks better of it and disappears! I have tried reinstalling toast, uninstalling it (gave strange results), and even upgrading to 10.5.2 which did nothing to help[ in launching Toast. No problem when in Tiger (10.4.11) What else do you suggest I should try?

regards, Robert

Toast 8 installs exactly the same as Toast 7. Go to the Toast software updates page here and download the 8.0.3 update. It is the complete Toast install so the only thing you'll need from your CD is the CD key to enter. When you're done double-check that all the Toast extra applications are there. It may be that all of them are not included in the update file.

Hi, thanks for your continuing interest in the above. I have downloaded the update and find that after copying it to Applications I don't get the same set of responses ie registration details, as I do for the Toast 7 update. After launching, Toast 8 just quits before getting anywhere. Any more ideas how to progress?

regards, Robert

It works fine for me so I don't know what is causing the problem. Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files that are in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast. Make sure there is no Xvid codec in the QuickTime Plugins folder. When you open System Profiler does Disc Burning show anything?

Hi, thanks for your continuing interest in the above. I have downloaded the update and find that after copying it to Applications I don't get the same set of responses ie registration details, as I do for the Toast 7 update. After launching, Toast 8 just quits before getting anywhere. Any more ideas how to progress?

regards, Robert

I'm out of ideas. The things that I'm aware get in the way of Toast launching are the Xvid codec in the Root>Library>Quicktime folder, corrupted plist or prefs files, and having a Firewire video device connected. I believe some also had a problem launching Toast with a two-monitor system.

hey have you tried completely removing it with this method and then installing again

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Toast/000014T

Hi, many thanks for info on uninstalling toast. Very interesting as it shows that after installing my dmg Toast 8 file, no prefs files are included in any library!

This leads me to believe there something wrong with my Toast 8 CD particularly as when I go back to Toast 7, I get the full installation procedure including putting in the CD key. Why doesn't Toast 8 work that way?

Can anyone give me a link to a Toast 8 download that requires input of CD key etc?

regards, Robert

Hi, many thanks for info on uninstalling toast. Very interesting as it shows that after installing my dmg Toast 8 file, no prefs files are included in any library!

This leads me to believe there something wrong with my Toast 8 CD particularly as when I go back to Toast 7, I get the full installation procedure including putting in the CD key. Why doesn't Toast 8 work that way?

Can anyone give me a link to a Toast 8 download that requires input of CD key etc?

regards, Robert

Toast 8 installs exactly the same as Toast 7. Go to the Toast software updates page here and download the 8.0.3 update. It is the complete Toast install so the only thing you'll need from your CD is the CD key to enter. When you're done double-check that all the Toast extra applications are there. It may be that all of them are not included in the update file.

It works fine for me so I don't know what is causing the problem. Try trashing the Toast plist and prefs files that are in your User>Library>Preferences folder and relaunching Toast. Make sure there is no Xvid codec in the QuickTime Plugins folder. When you open System Profiler does Disc Burning show anything?

Hi, many thanks for your reply to my problem in ot being able to launch Toast 8 when running under Leopard. I couldn't find the files you mentioned only being able to fine a com.roxio plist. I have tried deleting it and Toast and re-installing without any improvement. what sould I do next?

regards, Robert

Hi, many thanks for your reply to my problem in ot being able to launch Toast 8 when running under Leopard. I couldn't find the files you mentioned only being able to fine a com.roxio plist. I have tried deleting it and Toast and re-installing without any improvement. what sould I do next?

regards, Robert

Interesting. I have a com.roxio.Toast.plist and a Roxio Toast Prefs file in my User>Library. I was wrong about the QuickTime Plugins folder. My QuickTime codecs are in the Root>QuickTime folder.

I'm out of ideas. The things that I'm aware get in the way of Toast launching are the Xvid codec in the Root>Library>Quicktime folder, corrupted plist or prefs files, and having a Firewire video device connected. I believe some also had a problem launching Toast with a two-monitor system.

Hello again, thanks for your suggestions. I have tried the root library which doesn't seem to contain a quicktime folder.I have removed the xvid file from the admin library quicktime folder without any change. I am now waiting for Roxio to try and suggest something so I hope they come up trumps. Will let you know when I have success in launching Toast 8. thanks again for your help.

Regards, Robert

Archived