Sign in to follow this  
ThePope

Divx Home Theater Disk

Question

Toast 7.1.2 / Pioneer DV-588 player / Pioneer DVR-108 DVD Burner / Maxell DVD-R media

This is happening to me quite often lately, I burn 3 or 4 movies onto a disk using Toast>Divx Disc, making sure the bar in the right hand corner is green and then when I go to watch the movies at least one will not play the entire movie. If I check the .avi in Quicktime before burning it shows that there is an entire movie. :angry:

Its a pain in the &%$, you are watching the movie for 1.5 hours and then you don't get to see the ending.

I've googled this and nothing seems to show up.

3 answers to this question

I don't know what the cause might be but here's what I'd do: Instead of clicking the burn button choose Save as Disc Image from the File menu. When that is done choose the disc image using the Image File setting in the Copy window and now burn the disc. Doing this in two steps may prevent the error.

I will give this a try, who knows, it might not even be toast that's causing the problem. It could be the Pioneer DVD player or even the burner that's doing this.

Figured out what I was doing wrong, I was putting divx .avi files into the Divx Disk window in toast, where I should have been burning them using DVD Video instead.