• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

File Formats

bjkaufman

Question

What file format extensions will video wave read? I have a Canon HG10 camcorder that has an .mts extension and Vidio Wave doesn't recognize it. The Corel software that came with the camera doesn't work with my AMD processor, it only will work with an Intel Processor.

Is there any way of converting an .mts to something that Video Wave can read without loosing quality? Too bad camera manufactures and software developers can communicate and come up with a standard format that will work on anything. :unsure:

8 answers to this question

How are you trying to add the file? Videowave 10 does indeed recognize and will import .mts files. I had a Sony HC7 for awhile the .mts worked just fine.

In Video Wave, I go to Show Media Selector and none of my .mts files show up that I have saved in folder. The .jpeg's show up but not the .mts files. Am I doing something wrong? In a foilder where I have only .mts files I get the message "There are no media files in this folder that match the filter settings, click the "Filter for Media Tpes Button". I did this, and "all media types " is selected. Nothing shows up.

Also looks like the OP is using a laptop with a on-board video. That may be an issue also if the OP hasn't updated the drivers.

I'd be surprised if the Corel software only works with Intel and not AMD. To the original poster, is that something in writing?

Actually I have a desktop. I will check the drivers though for latest updates. I have nothing in writing, but i did speak with a Corel Technician.

What file format extensions will video wave read? I have a Canon HG10 camcorder that has an .mts extension and Vidio Wave doesn't recognize it. The Corel software that came with the camera doesn't work with my AMD processor, it only will work with an Intel Processor.

Is there any way of converting an .mts to something that Video Wave can read without loosing quality? Too bad camera manufactures and software developers can communicate and come up with a standard format that will work on anything. :unsure:

hi

dont know if it will work for you but i had same sort of problem.......viideowave wave would not reconise the files taken on my jvc camcorder...did a searc somewhere on these forums and someone said just change the file ext to mpeg and it should work.....sure enough it did once file ext changed videowave played no problem.

How are you trying to add the file? Videowave 10 does indeed recognize and will import .mts files. I had a Sony HC7 for awhile the .mts worked just fine.

Also looks like the OP is using a laptop with a on-board video. That may be an issue also if the OP hasn't updated the drivers.

I'd be surprised if the Corel software only works with Intel and not AMD. To the original poster, is that something in writing?

Archived