Canon Hdv20 Not Recognized

carpenter

Question

I can't get this software to recognize that I do have the above camera hooked up (USB) and it is turned on. It should be in the drop down mentu, but it isn't. What do I do? I'm using Windows XPS on a MacBook Pro with Parallels, so I'm in the Windows desktop.

Must say my Dell XPS won't recognize the camera, either and I have much more software options there (Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, for instance).

I appreciate any help. Yes, everything is hooked up, fitted into the sockets properly and everything.

3 answers to this question

I can't get this software to recognize that I do have the above camera hooked up (USB) and it is turned on. It should be in the drop down mentu, but it isn't. What do I do? I'm using Windows XPS on a MacBook Pro with Parallels, so I'm in the Windows desktop.

Must say my Dell XPS won't recognize the camera, either and I have much more software options there (Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, for instance).

I appreciate any help. Yes, everything is hooked up, fitted into the sockets properly and everything.

I own that camcorder. You cannot transfer video with the USB port - you must use the Firewire port that's under a little door right under the lens. I transfer video with mine to the Roxio Capture all the time.

I own that camcorder. You cannot transfer video with the USB port - you must use the Firewire port that's under a little door right under the lens. I transfer video with mine to the Roxio Capture all the time.

Thanks for sharing the solution!

:)

Sometimes ports on camcorders can be very difficult to find without pouring through the instruction manual.

Archived