• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Does Not See Blank Media

roadkill95

Question

I have EMC 7 that came with my plextor drive. I have a few problems with it. I copied a select few audio tracks from 4 different cds, when I went to burn them I had to put each one back in and it took those files off and then burned the project, I went to make a second copy of the project after it was saved and it wants me to load the cds again are the files not already saved to the project?

The 1 copy I did manage to burn I tried to make a direct copy of but when I put the cd in it says there is nothing on the cd and that it is empty, this cd does play so thats not the case.

so now I make a image copy and save it to my hard drive and try and burn that and all it does is keeps opening my burner drive and asking for the blank cd I have tried 3 brands of cds and it keeps opening the drive and telling me to put in the cd media.

please help if possible I played with this for hours and have 1 cd that I can't make another copy of.

1 answer to this question

I have EMC 7 that came with my plextor drive. I have a few problems with it. I copied a select few audio tracks from 4 different cds, when I went to burn them I had to put each one back in and it took those files off and then burned the project, I went to make a second copy of the project after it was saved and it wants me to load the cds again are the files not already saved to the project?

The 1 copy I did manage to burn I tried to make a direct copy of but when I put the cd in it says there is nothing on the cd and that it is empty, this cd does play so thats not the case.

so now I make a image copy and save it to my hard drive and try and burn that and all it does is keeps opening my burner drive and asking for the blank cd I have tried 3 brands of cds and it keeps opening the drive and telling me to put in the cd media.

please help if possible I played with this for hours and have 1 cd that I can't make another copy of.

What the project is, is a map. It is not the actual tracks, merely a list of them. You have to let it copy the music from the CDs if you want to make a music CD. (Or you can copy the tracks to your Hard Drive, and then set the project up to copy them from there - but still, the project is only a map.)

If you burn the project to a CD, you only have the map, not the music. Or, as someone else described it in the case of someone who had made a data project and saved the layout before deleting the original files, it is like saving the shopping list instead of the groceries.

Lynn

Archived