• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burn Image To Disk

skidude108

Question

I'm trying to burn 4 images to CDs. The image sizes are all less than 700MB but when I try to burn them it asks for a 7.5gb disk. I have some single layer DVDs I'd use if I have to, but they're still only half of what it's asking for.

I don't understand why it wants such big disks for regular sized files.

Is there any way to make it burn these images to standard CD-Rs?

19 answers to this question

I am having the exact same issue. I've updated the dirves firmware & everything (per suggestion of RoxAnn)

I know I can use something else, but what is the issue & what is the fix for it?

Probably trying to stuff 36 Roxio and Sonic programs together into a do all bad code mess!

Try #7 you'll probably like it...

cd

I'm trying to burn 4 images to CDs. The image sizes are all less than 700MB but when I try to burn them it asks for a 7.5gb disk. I have some single layer DVDs I'd use if I have to, but they're still only half of what it's asking for.

I don't understand why it wants such big disks for regular sized files.

Is there any way to make it burn these images to standard CD-Rs?

Explain what you mean exactly by "images" files please, including the file extensions, as what you have posted is not making any sense.

I have a few different file types, some are .iso, and others are .toast.

I downloaded them with instructions to burn them to disks.

.toast files may be files for a Mac and not applicable to a Windows PC.

What program in EMC 9 are you using to burn the iso files to a DVD? Please gives some information on exactly what you are doing.

.toast files may be files for a Mac and not applicable to a Windows PC.

What program in EMC 9 are you using to burn the iso files to a DVD? Please gives some information on exactly what you are doing.

I downloaded a set of files, and I'm simply trying to use RecordNow Copy to get them onto a CD. I'm using that one because it's the one that comes up when I double-click the .iso files. The .toast files don't come up with anything, but I looked around and it says if I just change the extension to .iso sometimes it will work so I might give that a try if I can figure out how to make the .iso files work.

And for what it's worth, these are mac files I'm trying to burn, but I only have a PC to burn them with.

Here is my EMC 9 Record Now Copy of a CD image file using a CDRW and a DVD image file using a CDRW, showing the bottom left of the screen. Where is yours asking for a 7.5gb disc?

EMC9RecordNowCD.pngEMCRecordNowDVD.png

cd

Mine says I'm a bunch over, then when I click burn, it tells me to insert a larger disk.

Mine says I'm a bunch over, then when I click burn, it tells me to insert a larger disk.

What does yours tell you if you do it the way I showed with the pictures?

"Mine says I'm a bunch over, then when I click burn" I don't have a clue what that means!

Please answer the picture question...

cd

Ok, so now we know what you have. Each of teh .iso or .toast files is an "image" of a disc. It could be a CD or a DVD image. My guess is they are CD image files since you say they are >700mb. You cannot combine them onto a dvd disc. You have to burn each one to it's own disc, and it has to be the type of disc they are images for. So in this case, you need to use CD discs to burn to most likely for each one.

You could try using a CD-RW disc as a test.

The picture says I'm 7.1gb over, then if I try to burn anyway it says "The blank disk you have inserted does not have enough free space for the image file you have selected. Please insert a 7.8gb disk."

Then it spits out the CD, and gives me options of "retry" and "cancel"

I'd post a picture, but I can't figure out how to add one.

Ok, so now we know what you have. Each of teh .iso or .toast files is an "image" of a disc. It could be a CD or a DVD image. My guess is they are CD image files since you say they are >700mb. You cannot combine them onto a dvd disc. You have to burn each one to it's own disc, and it has to be the type of disc they are images for. So in this case, you need to use CD discs to burn to most likely for each one.

You could try using a CD-RW disc as a test.

I have CDs, and I only want to put one image on each one, but it still asks for a 7.5gb disk. This is the part that is confusing me... why does it ask for all this extra space?

I have CDs, and I only want to put one image on each one, but it still asks for a 7.5gb disk. This is the part that is confusing me... why does it ask for all this extra space?

This is a case where RecordNow is too smart for its' own good!

Either use Creator Classic or create a Folder and put the image file into the folder so RecordNow won't try to burn the image.

Here is my EMC 9 Record Now Copy of a CD image file using a CDRW and a DVD image file using a CDRW, showing the bottom left of the screen. Where is yours asking for a 7.5gb disc?

EMC9RecordNowCD.pngEMCRecordNowDVD.png

cd

Archived