• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Hp Cue Status Has Stopped Working..continues

MysterC

Question

Its been 4 months , any progress on this issue?

If you need any error information or system/patch testing to help speed this along just contact me

thanks.

PS: this is an error that happens at boot with the Hp status Monitor "ONLY" when Media Creator 10 is installed , NO other program causes this to happen.

errormy7.jpg

Don't know if this will help anyone, but I simply went in to services.msc, double-clicked HP Cue, selected the Recovery tab, changed the first failure drop down to restart program, saved and closed the Services window. I'm not getting the error anymore and I still have Sonicfire 4 Pro installed. Not sure if it affected anything but I also change hpqcxs08 from manual to automatic in services.msc too. I was tired of it asking for permission to start. Maybe this will work for someone else.

Good news...I have figured it out!

Here are the options available during the custom install:

• Roxio Update Manager
  • Roxio Central Tools
  • Roxio Central Core*

• Install Desktop icon
  • Roxio MediaShare
  • Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 Suite*

• Install Desktop icon
  • Roxio Disc Gallery
  • Roxio CinePlayer
  • Roxio File Backup
  • Roxio BackOn Track
  • SMARTSOUND_10

*These were required and couldn't be unchecked.

I went through and installed each option individually, one at a time, to figure out which one was causing the error. It turns out that it was SMARTSOUND_10, which isn't even Roxio's software. It is an add-on that Roxio uses for adding SmartSound Music to videos. I'm glad it wasn't one of Roxio's programs that was causing the error, but I might have found the SmartSound add-in useful for some projects. I am sure I can live without it though.

good work my friend!!

at least now people can use there burning software without the hassle of a BOOT ERROR!!

thanks for the info!! :)

…and it becomes clear that this is an hp issue and not related to Roxio!

That is simply NOT TRUE and very misleading because you sound so sure of yourself when you say it. as a matter of fact the only thing I get from that statement , every time you say it , is you don't care much for HPs drivers?....ok...I think...we get it.

The FACT IS that NO OTHER PROGRAM on my computer (or anyone else's here that has this problem) has ANY issue with the HP software other than MC10!! NONE!! the other fact is the HP software I am using goes back nearly a year for Vista and 3 years for XP WITH NO OTHER ISSUES LIKE THIS UNTILL!!!!! Roxio MC10 came out 6 months ago , and that FACT has been stated many times over and again , why I must keep pointing out that FACT is just confusing. :blink:

I pointed to that thread, because there was one poster, who tried a different HP driver, and it solved the problem. There were others who used in, and it solved their problem. I was not being condescending, but if you think it was, fine.

grandpabruce , I am sorry if I sounded angry but at this point I am , BUT certainly not at you and I apologies if I came off to you that way. I understand you were only trying to help and I do appreciate your time and effort. Unfortunately as you stated in one of your earlier posts "some" (note: although I would think it more like MANY or MOST) are not happy with half baked work arounds , Roxio should look into this and at least officially point the finger at HP or fix it themselves , and the fact that we here NOTHING after so many months is just frustrating.

I am getting tired with paying too many of these company's a lot of hard earned cash for broken/unfinished software/hardware and waiting helplessly for months or ever years for them to do anything about it , there should be a Better business bureau for this kind of stuff to demand action on behalf of consumers , fix what you have sold already and then start on your next cash cow!!!!

I chatted with HP today. They told me to go into msconfig and disable the HP applications in the startup tab. I did this and the error no longer appears on startup. My printer and scanner still work. However, I can only scan through the software and not by the button on the all-in-one itself. The error still also appears if I go to the HP Solution Center and go to Settings > Status. The msconfig is not really a fix. It only seems to hide the problem.

I chatted with HP today. They told me to go into msconfig and disable the HP applications in the startup tab. I did this and the error no longer appears on startup. My printer and scanner still work. However, I can only scan through the software and not by the button on the all-in-one itself. The error still also appears if I go to the HP Solution Center and go to Settings > Status. The msconfig is not really a fix. It only seems to hide the problem.

I did this months ago , but there are times when I NEED the buttons on my printer and did not want to have this error at all. As you said , it just covers it up.

My only suggestion is to try what Code and I have done and start from scratch. I am very happy!

If your not familiar with reinstalling XP (or vista) you may not want to try a system re-install , and you may need help BECAUSE there is a lot of prep work you need to do to back up and export everything and get your drivers ready for a smooth install and to get everything back the way you like it , or if you have a shelf PC (Dell , HP , whatever) you can just do a system restore , BUT if you build your own and are familiar with setting up OS's....give it a shot! ;)

whatever ya do don't forget to back up all important stuff!!

good Luck

PS: thanks for the info on Smartsound code brotha!! B)

Hi,

I have an HP 6310 All In One I recently Installed EMC 10 and got the same message that the HP CUE HAS STOPPED WORKING. I go to HP Websire and download the latest driver for the C5280 download for the type of system that you are running. after downloading start installing the driver when you get to the part about connecting to the printer choose to install it later. Then restart your computer the HP CUE box will be gone and then you can check the Ink Levels. And test the buttons on the front by running a test scan and test copy from the front buttons. This fix works no errors or problems.

This suggested fix while only a "work-a-round" does seem to work. HP has in the past suggested that the Cue Manager should be disabled but then that has it draw backs. I reported some minors problems to HP and they suggested that I try the 990 driver stating VISTA has issues. The HP 990 driver solved the minor problems but then the HP Solution Center did not support the 990 driver. It's not a perfect world.

This suggested fix while only a "work-a-round" does seem to work. HP has in the past suggested that the Cue Manager should be disabled but then that has it draw backs. I reported some minors problems to HP and they suggested that I try the 990 driver stating VISTA has issues. The HP 990 driver solved the minor problems but then the HP Solution Center did not support the 990 driver. It's not a perfect world.

Thanks for your input, again, Big Dave. True, it is only a workaround, but for some folks, it just isn't enough. For those folks, I really don't care if they do it or not.

I went to Add/Remove Progams and uninstalled SmartSounds Quicktrax. I also deleted the SmartSounds entry in the registry through regedit. However, I am still getting the HP CUE Status Stopped Working on every startup. Did I not uninstall in correctly? I want this annoying error to be fixed...

If you need any error information or system/patch testing to help speed this along just contact me

thanks.

PS: this is an error that happens at boot with the Hp status Monitor "ONLY" when Media Creator 10 is installed , NO other program causes this to happen.

Yeah, all you had to do is read the original thread on this. Read through the whole thread. HP has a "sort of" fix.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=185908

I went to Add/Remove Progams and uninstalled SmartSounds Quicktrax. I also deleted the SmartSounds entry in the registry through regedit. However, I am still getting the HP CUE Status Stopped Working on every startup. Did I not uninstall in correctly? I want this annoying error to be fixed...

In my case I did complete format and an entire system re-install , I don't know if simply removing part of the program will do the trick , codester should be able to help you more with that.

I am however still HP CUE status error free and very happy so leaving whatever program causes the error out when re-installing does the trick.

just out of curiosity , did you try removing the entire program and see if the error goes away?

thanks for the info!! :)

SmartSound is also used by at least one other video editing program (not Roxio or Sonic) so lots of people are going to be having this problem.

just out of curiosity , did you try removing the entire program and see if the error goes away?

I did not remove the entire program. It takes so long to install I did not want to have to do that just to see if it might work. I guess if I have to I will uninstall the entire thing and then reinstall everything except for the SmartSound stuff. In the meantime, I'm wondering if there is a bit less drastic thing to do.

By the way, if I do uninstall and then reinstall everything but the SmartSound, is there anything on the Content CD install I need to leave out? I wasn't sure if the Content CD installed more of the SmartSound files. (I have a digital download by the way so I do not have actual discs.)

Just another thought I had... You could try running CHKDSK. You can do this by going to My Computer and right clicking your hard drive, then clicking Properties. Then click the Tools tab and click the Check Now button. It should scan the drive and make sure no system files are corrupted.

I was going to try this on my XP machine that I planned on reformatting in the next few weeks, but apparently this problem doesn't occur in XP (at least for the XP version of my printer software).

Yeah, all you had to do is read the original thread on this. Read through the whole thread. HP has a "sort of" fix.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...st&p=185908

LOL YEAH WELL , thank you very much for pointing me to the thread "I" started 5 months ago , and for the record , there is NO fix in that thread for my printer (PSC1310) and I read it nearly every time someone posts in it. Besides some guy installed printer drivers and sofware that are NOT for his printer.....that ain't a fix!!

Hey I have an idea instead of trying to use a driver and software thats not even made for my printer , and this is probably a strange concept to you but , why doesn't Roxio FIX their software conflict with my printer driver?

Ya know , I don't mean to be a prick but USELESS condescending responses like that are starting to irritate the hell outta me!!

PLEASE someone fix the program so I don't have to post here any more!!

I did not remove the entire program. It takes so long to install I did not want to have to do that just to see if it might work. I guess if I have to I will uninstall the entire thing and then reinstall everything except for the SmartSound stuff. In the meantime, I'm wondering if there is a bit less drastic thing to do.

By the way, if I do uninstall and then reinstall everything but the SmartSound, is there anything on the Content CD install I need to leave out? I wasn't sure if the Content CD installed more of the SmartSound files. (I have a digital download by the way so I do not have actual discs.)

I did NOT install anything I would not be using!! I for the life of me cannot remember the EXACT stuff I installed and the stuff I didn't , but I left out about 6 apps , any of the stuff that didn't sound like burning software.

From a groggie memory , these appear to be the ones I did NOT install , I have some favorite apps that do this stuff (if I even need it) already:

Roxio MediaShare

Roxio Disc Gallery

Roxio CinePlayer

Roxio File Backup

Roxio BackOn Track

(Truthfully this one I'm not sure of , but codester claims this one is the one that did it for him) SMARTSOUND_10

But with that said , and from my OWN personal experience (I cannot speak for others) , I do not know for sure what exact app stopped the error for me.

I know its not much but I truly hope it helps. :)

Good point , but I think others that have the same problem have stated they have already done this with no joy and if I'm not mistaken I saw interaction between John at Roxio and others during the NTLDR missing fiasco so I just assumed..... :rolleyes:

But anyways , never assume anything right..LOL!!

some GOOD news!! I fixed it by doing a complete reinstall of my system including ALL programs and updates I have prior to installing MC10 (and had NO errors BTW!!) then installed MC10 CUSTOM with NONE of the media grab , no media watching , no dvd players no media this or that , just the main programs and features for burning and editing , and it works without issue. I had Thought and had hoped it was one of those programs I would never use that comes with MC10 that was causing the issue , I guess I got lucky and was right.

however something strange , I still have the Media manager services icon in my systray , I know I turned off the media watcher whatchmagadget upon install that I thought was the drive watcher? :blink: , but I stopped it from watching folders and I still get no HP error so i Guess (HOPE!!) I am good to go.

OH!! I also updated the program after the install and before the first reboot as John at Roxio had suggested.

I am having the same exact problem, only I have a different printer/scanner. I'm not sure if this is really Roxio's fault, because it is the HP software that is breaking. I am aware that Roxio's EMC10 is probably the only program out there that causes this though, but Roxio probably won't address this issue because it affects so few users.

MysterC, do you know exactly what you didn't install during the custom install? I tried it last night without the Media Manager...hoping that was the only culprit, but I am still getting the error. I'll try it again tonight without the Sonic DVD player, as Vista Ultimate supports playback of DVDs 'out-of-the-box' anyway. I'll have to look into the software update as well. I did the update check through the program and it didn't find any. Either I have the latest version or it needs to be done manually. I see the update is quite a large file...about the same size as my install file I downloaded when I purchased EMC10. Any idea if this is the actual install program, or is it only an update...meaning that I have to install the software first?

I'll have to play around with it some more tonight and try different things. Good thing Vista installs rather quickly. I'm hoping that the Sonic DVD player is the cause. I'll keep you posted if I find anything out.

LOL YEAH WELL , thank you very much for pointing me to the thread "I" started 5 months ago , and for the record , there is NO fix in that thread for my printer (PSC1310) and I read it nearly every time someone posts in it. Besides some guy installed printer drivers and sofware that are NOT for his printer.....that ain't a fix!!

Hey I have an idea instead of trying to use a driver and software thats not even made for my printer , and this is probably a strange concept to you but , why doesn't Roxio FIX their software conflict with my printer driver?

Ya know , I don't mean to be a prick but USELESS condescending responses like that are starting to irritate the hell outta me!!

PLEASE someone fix the program so I don't have to post here any more!!

I pointed to that thread, because there was one poster, who tried a different HP driver, and it solved the problem. There were others who used in, and it solved their problem. I was not being condescending, but if you think it was, fine.

Yes and to add to codesters post , don't forget to check the box that says "automatically fix file system errors"

You can also try the windows cleanup utility , this is handy for left over annoying remnants of things that boot with your pc even after you have removed the main program , use carefully!! You can install and run this and look through the list for anything smartsound related....use at your own risk!

Windows Cleanup utility

after you install it it will be listed in your programs under "Windows Install Cleanup"

thanks.

errormy7.jpg

Ok. I had this problem when I installed the software. I solved this uninstalling just the ECm10suite and I reinstalled it again but in custom settings unmarking the last feature of programs to install. (I'm sorry but I do not remember the feature's name). Try this and I hope that this solve the problems of many users in this forum. I've restarted several and times and nothing has happened. Also try to deselect the media watch in all folder in the startup.

Also, is no necessary to use the restore point.

Bye

Good deal dude!! Welcome to "error free" EMC 10!!

And that 100% confirms (in my mind anyways) the Smartsound_10 problem as found by Codester!!

Other user very happy.

No necessary the restore point.

:P:):lol::P

I don't know if this will help?

I have just bought a new HP Photosmart D5160, and after re-installing EMC10 started getting the same hp cue error.

However, I've just updated from version 2.5 to the new version of HP Essentials (V3) and the error message has stopped.

This might just be a coincidence but its worth a try ???

I've looked to see if there is a separate download for version 3 but can't find one, so I guess you'll have to install version 2.5 first then update !!!

Jim

Archived