• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Folder Refuses To Stay Decently Buried

tom1805

Question

A while ago I deleted a Win XP Folder containing the source avi files, the VideoWave file, the DVD production file etc for a DVD that I was making. Since then, despite repeatedly deleting it, whenever I start VideoWave an empty folder with same name appears in Explorer. Not a killer, but it is is an irritating nuisance. Any ideas how I can get rid of it permanently?

EMC 7.1.1.189 ENU

Win XP HE with SP2

Intel Pentium 4, 1.7GHz

512 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeFORCE 2 MX

2 answers to this question

A while ago I deleted a Win XP Folder containing the source avi files, the VideoWave file, the DVD production file etc for a DVD that I was making. Since then, despite repeatedly deleting it, whenever I start VideoWave an empty folder with same name appears in Explorer. Not a killer, but it is is an irritating nuisance. Any ideas how I can get rid of it permanently?

EMC 7.1.1.189 ENU

Win XP HE with SP2

Intel Pentium 4, 1.7GHz

512 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeFORCE 2 MX

What is this folder named and where is it? It's probably just a temp folder that opens by default when you start up the program that it fills with whatever you're working on.

If you are talking about the proxy file folder, you are correct, it keeps coming back with the files being used. Go to tools and delete the proxy files. The folder will empty but will refill whenever you open a project.

EMC 7.1.1.189 ENU

Win XP HE with SP2

Intel Pentium 4, 1.7GHz

512 MB RAM

NVIDIA GeFORCE 2 MX

Archived