Installation Issues

allen85

Question

Hi I just did a custom install of the EMC 9 suite and I went and chose not to install anything other than the classic creator yet after the install finished all the components I had chosen not to install decided to install themselves anyway, stuff like the backup utility, the audio ripping utility, the media experience stuff, etc. Is there any way I can install EMC 9 and just get the bare essentials?

All I want is audio cd burning and data dvd burning I don't need/want all these other features. I tried manually removing them with the Windows Install Clean Up utility but they still remain on my hdd. Should I look for different software to burn my audio/data? The only reason I switched from Nero is because Roxio actually burns non romanized files.

4 answers to this question

Second thing, if I unsintall it via add/remove programs it's not deleting all the roxio entries from my registry nor is it removing the roxio shortcuts in my start menu or the roxio files off my hdd, when i try to manually delete the files from the hdd it tells me that deleting may cause some programs to not work. If i use the windows clean uninstall utility the registry entries disappear but the files still remain on the hdd as well.

Instructions for clean install are in this URL. If you have Vista, after you click on the link, within the link I have posted below, scroll down to the bottom for the Vista instructions:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=24606

BTW, you aren't going to be able to install Creator Classic, by itself.

Second thing, if I unsintall it via add/remove programs it's not deleting all the roxio entries from my registry nor is it removing the roxio shortcuts in my start menu or the roxio files off my hdd, when i try to manually delete the files from the hdd it tells me that deleting may cause some programs to not work. If i use the windows clean uninstall utility the registry entries disappear but the files still remain on the hdd as well.

thanks, I found http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR and found that I'm going to have to manually delete all the files in the roxio folder after uninstalling. I'm still kinda disappointed that the add/remove programs doesn't do that nor will it clean roxio out of your registry like the windows installer cleanup. What I did notice is that even if I remove components with the windows installer clean up utility the components will still function (I tried removing the media experience thing). It is unfortunate that I won't be able to only install the components that I want but I guess I'll have to live with it. :/

I just tried uninstalling EMC9 at work via add/remove programs and it deleted all the component folders in C:\Program Files\Roxio all that was left was an empty home folder and the XingTones folder. However it did not remove the Roxio Folder/Shortcuts from the Start Menu. Any idea why it uninstalls properly with add/remove programs on my computer at work but won't uninstall properly on my home computer (I am logged in as an administrator)?

As described above: when I try to uninstall roxio via add/remove programs it runs the uninstaller but all the sub folders in C:\Program Files\Roxio remain even after I restart, the same thing happens when I use the MS Installer clean up utility. After "removing" roxio via either of these methods all the application files remain on my hard drive. If I try to go in and manually delete them I get a pop up from Roxio that says "removing x folder may cause some programs to stop working". I've tried the instructions for a clean uninstall but I'm still wondering why add/remove programs and MSICUU won't delete the roxio files off my hdd at home but will at work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived