• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Changing Language (again)

RichardKIII

Question

Hello everybody.

Many topics about changing the language, but...

I bought a brand new CD/DVD burner which came shipped with EMC 9. Great.

At no moment the installation wizard asked for changing the language. I'd prefer have it in french, my native language.

I registered to Roxio and have a ticket but no response (523099). OK.

I've read through the forums about how to make a clean uninstall and then re-installed. No change.

I've read about the .LOC files and searched for them. No files, no 1036 language files. OK

I've downloaded a trial version of EMC 9 and ... It asked me to choose the language! Great again.

I tried to see the differences between the two installations (made on two different PCs of the same type) but was not able to see what exactly to do - file adding/modifying the registry, aso.

BTW, the web activation didn't work in spit of an LAN established internet connection.

It's still in english and I'me not the only one to use this computer...

What can I do now? (Some would say "teach them english" !) :lol:

Thanks for any -reasonable- idea.

Richard.

3 answers to this question

Hello everybody.

Many topics about changing the language, but...

I bought a brand new CD/DVD burner which came shipped with EMC 9. Great.

Hi Richard,

A few years back Roxio reduced the number of languages available in their software. When we protested they said it cost extra money to provide extra languages.

You have bought a burner with a bundled [OEM] cut-down version of EMC 9. If you weren't given a choice of languages, it probably has only an English installation to make it even cheaper to give away. Check with the supplier of the burner.

Regards,

Brendon

Archived