• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Unable To Find Certificate

annskinner

Question

I have been using roxia to copy video dvd for awhile then I had aproblem with the Phillips DVD r/rw 8631 not responding

Foolishly now I have found that restoring my computor.

I am now unable to un-install the program: error comes up There was aproblem during installation

When I click on icon on desk top.

Message comes up Installer not responding

unable to find certificate.

I have tried the disk cleanup which I have read about but with no joy.

Can anyone help.

17 answers to this question

I have been using roxia to copy video dvd for awhile then I had aproblem with the Phillips DVD r/rw 8631 not responding

I am now unable to un-install the program: error comes up There was aproblem during installation

Can anyone help.

Error- Certificate file missing / corrupted / not initialized error after installing EMC7 (Windows XP)

The information in this article applies to:

Easy Media Creator 7

Applicable Operating Systems:

Windows XP Home Edition

Windows XP Professional

1. Fix registry permissions

a. Click on "Start" choose "Run", then type "regedit" and click "OK".

b. In the Registry Editor, click on the "+" next to "HKEY_Local_Machine".

c. Now click on the "+" next to "Software".

d. Right-click on the key (folder) called "Roxio" and choose "Permissions".

e. Make sure that "Administrators" and "System" have checkmarks for "Full Control" - "Allow".( This does not apply in win2000!)

f. If you had to add those checkmarks, click on "Apply".

g. Click on "Advanced".

h. Put a checkmark in "Replace permission entries on all child objects with the entries shown here that apply to child objects".

i. Click "OK".

j. Click "OK" again.

k. Now close the Registry Editor

Error- Certificate file missing / corrupted / not initialized error after installing EMC7 (Windows XP)

The information in this article applies to:

Easy Media Creator 7

Applicable Operating Systems:

Windows XP Home Edition

Windows XP Professional

1. Fix registry permissions

a. Click on "Start" choose "Run", then type "regedit" and click "OK".

b. In the Registry Editor, click on the "+" next to "HKEY_Local_Machine".

c. Now click on the "+" next to "Software".

d. Right-click on the key (folder) called "Roxio" and choose "Permissions".

e. Make sure that "Administrators" and "System" have checkmarks for "Full Control" - "Allow".( This does not apply in win2000!)

f. If you had to add those checkmarks, click on "Apply".

g. Click on "Advanced".

h. Put a checkmark in "Replace permission entries on all child objects with the entries shown here that apply to child objects".

i. Click "OK".

j. Click "OK" again.

k. Now close the Registry Editor

Hi Paul.

Thanks for help.

I am using XP professional

I am not able to to apply check mark in replace permission.

I'm not sure what to do about the parental message

Hope you can help

Can anyone help.

You might want to have a look at this thread. It is all about your Philips burner. You could try to update the firmware, but if that burner was build around the end of 2004 or in the first few months of 2005, pull it out and toss it in the garbage.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/179003

As far as uninstalling the program, try the following:

Try using the Microsoft Cleanup Utility to get rid of all Roxio and Sonic files on your computer, reboot, then try to reinstall.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;290301

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Life is good!

Bruce Wallace

Vietnam Vet - 1970 - 1971

Main System:

3.0 Ghz Intel P4 CPU

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard

1Gig Corsair 3200 LLPro DDR Ram

Plextor PX 716A DVD Burner

Sony CRX320E DVD 16x + CD-RW 52x24x52 Combo

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Video Card

Creative Labs Audigy2 Platinum Sound Card

Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350 Capture Card

Windows XP Home Edition w/All patches Except SP2

I am having a problem with emc7.5 - I uninstalled this program and a few others - then decided that I wanted to keep this program on the computer after all - I had problems reinstalling - then decided to do a system restore - the programs that I had uninstalled were back (so I thought! Just not as before!)

I have since tried to go to Add/Remove programs, click on Repair - I get the following messages :

1) Unable to find certificate file

2) There was a problem authenticating your version. Please make sure your system is set to the current date.

3) Fatal Error during installation.

I have read the threads that are similar to this problem - I'm unsure how to open the Microsoft Cleanup Utility - would someone help me thru this process?

Thanks!

I did find the cleanup utility, didn't help my problem...

I also went to regedit - right clicked the Roxio folder, went to Permissions - both areas are checkmarked already - went to advanced, and did the 'replace permission entries on all child objects...' checkmarked and closed all, tried to rerun the software in Add/Remove Programs - same problems as above, no fix.

In the meantime, when the desktop is up, Roxio is continuing to try to install and loops thru the messages as you click 'ok' on each one...and so on...

I am wondering if I just upgrade to version 8, if that will do away with my issue completely, or do I have to fix this issue before that?

Version 8 won't be of any benefit to you until you take care of the problem that you have created. You could try to uninstall 7.5 again, but doing a system restore looks like caused you problems.

If the Microsoft Cleanup Utility did not help, you could try a repair of the software or put the Program Disk in when you see it trying to install Roxio after bootup.

When you tried to use Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove EMC from the list, what happened? What's the message you got if it does not allow you to remove it?

Ivan

Hi,

Sorry I didn't reply sooner - been very busy! Anyway, still no resolution to the problem with the program - I am still getting error messages and it still is trying to install the Roxio program when I log on, and the programs do startup. The message I get when I do an uninstall for the program and want to remove it is that another installation is in progress and that I must finish that before I can proceed with the uninstall. Seems like the Install Wizard is stuck in a loop or something...I also downloaded a new program from Corel for a trial run, and when I tried to install it, I get an error message that basically states the same - that it can't finish the installation because another program is being installed and that must be finished before the Wizard can install the Corel program...

This is really getting frustrating, and I'd like to avoid having to wipe the hard drive clean and reload all the programs...

Thanks for any and all help, all the suggested fixes so far have not helped...

Michelle

Version 8 won't be of any benefit to you until you take care of the problem that you have created. You could try to uninstall 7.5 again, but doing a system restore looks like caused you problems.

If the Microsoft Cleanup Utility did not help, you could try a repair of the software or put the Program Disk in when you see it trying to install Roxio after bootup.

Hi,

I did try to uninstall the program again - won't do it. Also tried to have the computer do a repair of the software, that came up with a fatal error, and said it was unable to repair it. I've also put the program disk in as well, and no luck.

I'm totally frustrated with it! I did take the disk and load the program on my mother-in-law's computer, and it loaded just fine. I'd use her's for the job I need to do, except she doesn't have a dvd recorder on hers! May have to burn a CD video instead...not as good, but should work. That will not fix my problem with my computer, tho.

Guest mlpasley

Have you tried Roxio Technical Support?

We're all just end users like you and you might need more specific help from Roxio.

Have you tried Roxio Technical Support?

We're all just end users like you and you might need more specific help from Roxio.

I like your flying squirrel pic and the quote - I have a 'shop mascot' in a fox squirrel that I bottle raised, she is almost as much fun as a dog!

Anyway, I will be contacting tech support shortly, as it seems that will be the only way to finally (hopefully) resolve this issue!!

Thanks,

ML

Guest ivanatrox

When you tried to use Microsoft Windows Installer Cleanup Utility to remove EMC from the list, what happened? What's the message you got if it does not allow you to remove it?

Ivan

I am having a problem with emc7.5 - I uninstalled this program and a few others - then decided that I wanted to keep this program on the computer after all - I had problems reinstalling - then decided to do a system restore - the programs that I had uninstalled were back (so I thought! Just not as before!)

I have since tried to go to Add/Remove programs, click on Repair - I get the following messages :

1) Unable to find certificate file

2) There was a problem authenticating your version. Please make sure your system is set to the current date.

3) Fatal Error during installation.

I have read the threads that are similar to this problem - I'm unsure how to open the Microsoft Cleanup Utility - would someone help me thru this process?

Thanks!

I did find the cleanup utility, didn't help my problem...

I also went to regedit - right clicked the Roxio folder, went to Permissions - both areas are checkmarked already - went to advanced, and did the 'replace permission entries on all child objects...' checkmarked and closed all, tried to rerun the software in Add/Remove Programs - same problems as above, no fix.

In the meantime, when the desktop is up, Roxio is continuing to try to install and loops thru the messages as you click 'ok' on each one...and so on...

I am wondering if I just upgrade to version 8, if that will do away with my issue completely, or do I have to fix this issue before that?

Guest mlpasley
I like your flying squirrel pic and the quote - I have a 'shop mascot' in a fox squirrel that I bottle raised, she is almost as much fun as a dog!

Anyway, I will be contacting tech support shortly, as it seems that will be the only way to finally (hopefully) resolve this issue!!

Thanks,

ML

Thanks. I've got 2 flying squirrels who are awake all night. It's good on those frustrating nights when I'm up late working on things, but other nights, they entertain each other..... and the cat who they tease unmercifully from the protection of their cage.

I hope tech support gets it working for you. :)

Archived