• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Roxio 9 Sound Editor

musicray

Question

7 answers to this question

Looks like that recorder makes 24-bit files.If I remember correctly Sound Editor has a problem with those.

It's the same with some personal recorders that only make 4 or 8 bit files.

We've had some people on here trying to use a 24-bit sound card and having troubles as well.

You checked to see if the audio was turned on; how about the volume?

Have you checked the audio properties settings in your Operating System (XP or Vista)?

When you look at the audio waveform, is it a flat line or do you see a wave form that covers most of the track?

Try downloading and trying GoldWave if you can't get Sound Editor to work. If that doesn't work, the recorder is recording in a specialized format. Was there any software that came with that recorder? How did you get the files on your computer -- the standard USB port?

I think I solved the problem ..had a"senior moment"...forgot to follow instructions in recorder

manual....

Which told me to go to "my computer" and then click on "removable disk" and lo and behold there

were the wav files which I then dragged to desk top and then dragged into sound editor "task "section..

Looks like it's ready to be edited from there...if I have a problem..then I'll be back here asking

again for help.

Thank you.

Ray

Ok....I got my wav on sound editor

This is what I wish to accomplish.

I've recorded a band with about a dozen tunes...I want to clean up the wav. ie. remove

any applause or talking between end of one song and start of the next.

I've tried using track marking...cutting,, etc. and keep striking out.

Prior to using this new mp3 recorder..was using a mini disc...would listen to disc and put in

tracks(to separate the songs) and then eliminate the tracks with the nonsense that I wanted

gone.

Can someone offer good advise to get me going in the right direction...have printed out

help manual stuff but not understand or doing what I'm suppose to be doing.

This is on Roxio 9 Sound editor.

Ok....I got my wav on sound editor

This is what I wish to accomplish.

I've recorded a band with about a dozen tunes...I want to clean up the wav. ie. remove

any applause or talking between end of one song and start of the next.

I've tried using track marking...cutting,, etc. and keep striking out.

Prior to using this new mp3 recorder..was using a mini disc...would listen to disc and put in

tracks(to separate the songs) and then eliminate the tracks with the nonsense that I wanted

gone.

Can someone offer good advise to get me going in the right direction...have printed out

help manual stuff but not understand or doing what I'm suppose to be doing.

This is on Roxio 9 Sound editor.

Use the upper tracks in Sound Editor. Expand the timeline full, move the cursor to the place where you want to cut out the applause. Grab it and move it to the end of the track. That area should be highlighted. Click the cut icon. That section should be gone and the next piece should move up to meet the remaining section.

Click on white text below to get a larger image.

post-58-1203794732.jpg

One possibility is that you have the sound muted. The icon loudspeaker icon bottom left next to the volume slider toggles sound on/off.

Icon is correct....just no sound...plays sound in windows media...

Plus even if I get sound...can't find instructions on how to edit tracks/songs eliminating dead space and applause.

Thanks for your answer though.

Archived