Video Files, Red Circle With A Line Through It

leorock

Question

I will try to explain every thing I've done and the problem I'm having EMC 7:

*First, DVD Builder started to crash every time I used to open it, I fixed this installing "emc7hot1.exe"

* After this, when I try to add a video file, any kind of video file, the file icon shows a red circle with a line through it. If I click on the file, it can't be added, nothing happens, but if I write the file name in the Add Media to Project window, the file opens and can be added.

*This situation with the red circle is present in Video Wave also.

*I can capture video from any device but once is saved it shows the red circle.

*The video files can be opened with WMP or any other player.

*I installed "prefup.exe", same thing

*Rolled back WMP 11 and IE7, same thing.

*Installed K Lite Codec Pac, same thing.

*I haven't tried to uninstall EMC 7 and make a clean installation, I would like to do this only as a last resource.

Please I will really appreciate any kind of help with this topic, I've check a lot of posts in this forums but I can't find a solution to this issue,

Thanks in advance!!!!

3 answers to this question

Thanks for your reply, I reinstalled EMC 7 and now it works OK. This issue was created by "emc71hot1.exe" the patch I used to stop DVD Builder from crashing, as I mentioned in my original post. :D

I am glad that the reinstall worked. Do you have the retail version of EMC 7? If so, you should install the update, listed in the Updates on Roxio's main web page. I still have that hotfix, saved in a folder, on my hard drive. :)

I will try to explain every thing I've done and the problem I'm having EMC 7:

*First, DVD Builder started to crash every time I used to open it, I fixed this installing "emc7hot1.exe"

* After this, when I try to add a video file, any kind of video file, the file icon shows a red circle with a line through it. If I click on the file, it can't be added, nothing happens, but if I write the file name in the Add Media to Project window, the file opens and can be added.

*This situation with the red circle is present in Video Wave also.

*I can capture video from any device but once is saved it shows the red circle.

*The video files can be opened with WMP or any other player.

*I installed "prefup.exe", same thing

*Rolled back WMP 11 and IE7, same thing.

*Installed K Lite Codec Pac, same thing.

*I haven't tried to uninstall EMC 7 and make a clean installation, I would like to do this only as a last resource.

Please I will really appreciate any kind of help with this topic, I've check a lot of posts in this forums but I can't find a solution to this issue,

Thanks in advance!!!!

Do uninstall and reinstall EMC 7, and if you still have the problem, here is a post from 3 years ago, or so:

Product:

Easy Media Creator 7

1. Symptom:

Valid DV video files may appear as invalid files for use in an EMC7 project. These DV files may appear in the Media Selector or Media Manager with a circle and a cross through it and can not be added to any projects.

Solution:

This appears to be a conflict between certain third party software and Easy Media Creator 7

1. Download and apply the latest update for Easy Media Creator 7

a. Click on Start --> Programs --> Roxio --> Roxio Easy Media Creator Home

b. Once that application launches, click on 'Extras & Utilities'

c. Now click on 'Roxio Updater'

d. Follow the rest of the instructions on screen to be stepped through the update process.

e. Reboot your computer once complete

2. Download and install PrefUpdate

a. Download and save the following application:

http://tools.roxio.com/support/hotfix/prefup.exe

b. Close all open software including Internet Explorer and any Roxio applications

c. Double click on the 'prefup.exe' file located on your desktop

d. Choose 'yes' to apply the 'PrefTable Update'

e. Read the information presented on screen before applying the update

f. Once you have read the items listed there, choose 'I agree' to continue

g. Once installed, click the 'close' button

h. Reboot your computer

i. This issue should now be fixed and all DV files should be usable .

Archived