Saving Movies With Chapter To Play On Pc

UTRose

Question

I am capturing many video recordings from VHS to my computer and editing them in MyDVD 10 with chapters for eventual burning to DVDs (one recording per DVD). However, before I burn to DVDs, I would like to create a file from each recording that can be played from my computer's hard drive and would include the chapter markers that I've added during editing. I've tried to export to MPEG and WMV, but the chapter markers haven't been there. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

1 answer to this question

I am capturing many video recordings from VHS to my computer and editing them in MyDVD 10 with chapters for eventual burning to DVDs (one recording per DVD). However, before I burn to DVDs, I would like to create a file from each recording that can be played from my computer's hard drive and would include the chapter markers that I've added during editing. I've tried to export to MPEG and WMV, but the chapter markers haven't been there. Is what I'm trying to do possible?

Chapter markers are not "part" of output to mpeg or wmv. Chapter markers are only used for creating menus. If you burn your project to a video folder using myDVD (effectively creating a DVD on your hard drive), the video folder can be played by a software player as if it were a DVD includin chapters.

Archived