• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Error Message While Burning

Ella

Question

I am having problems when I try to burn a DVD: Can someone please help? I have had two chats with Roxio support, and have done what they said, but I still get an error message #8004250c. I have downloaded an updated version of Direct X. It didn't help. I am using a Dell computer with Windows XP Media Center Edition. Memorex DVD-RW discs. The time before this, I did get a burn, but it skips during the music, and it stops the DVD and won't continue. I am trying to get a slideshow DVD to show my relatives this summer, and I need some help. Please? Ella

2 answers to this question

I am having problems when I try to burn a DVD: Can someone please help? I have had two chats with Roxio support, and have done what they said, but I still get an error message #8004250c. I have downloaded an updated version of Direct X. It didn't help. I am using a Dell computer with Windows XP Media Center Edition. Memorex DVD-RW discs. The time before this, I did get a burn, but it skips during the music, and it stops the DVD and won't continue. I am trying to get a slideshow DVD to show my relatives this summer, and I need some help. Please? Ella

Try this.

First, go to the Dell website support and see if there are any 'updates/firmware' for that burner. Some drives need updates to recognize newer DVDs. While you're there, check to see if they have any recommended 'brands' of DVDs that work better with their drive.

Then.....Instead of burning directly to a DVD, select the option to burn an 'image file' (.iso). Make certain that you know where the file is stored on your computer.

Then use Disk Copier and that file to burn the DVD. Sometimes separating the encoding and burning process results in more successful burns.

Archived