Creating Photo Cd/dvd

Argonaut

Question

I have hundreds of digital pictures ... and want to share these with family & friends - by creating a VCD or similar, that way can view on TV by playing on standard DVD.

A couple of years back a colleague put a load of pics & video clips together for me onto a VCD, this was great ... simple DVD menu, allowing you to choose the folders ... see them as thumbnails, then selct to view or watch a slide show.

He created this using WINonCD.

Now presumably things have moved on in past 6 years, can Roxio emc 10 do this ? .... can it do it easily ?

I see Roxio make WINonCD v 6 avail as a free download ... did Roxio incorporate WINonCD functionaility in emc ?

Anybody know which is most intuitive, or most suitable for what I want to do.

Also been told to consider "Pro Show Gold", "ACDsee" or "DVD photo slide show by ANC soft"

Suggestions welcome.

1 answer to this question

I have hundreds of digital pictures ... and want to share these with family & friends - by creating a VCD or similar, that way can view on TV by playing on standard DVD.

A couple of years back a colleague put a load of pics & video clips together for me onto a VCD, this was great ... simple DVD menu, allowing you to choose the folders ... see them as thumbnails, then selct to view or watch a slide show.

He created this using WINonCD.

Now presumably things have moved on in past 6 years, can Roxio emc 10 do this ? .... can it do it easily ?

I see Roxio make WINonCD v 6 avail as a free download ... did Roxio incorporate WINonCD functionaility in emc ?

Anybody know which is most intuitive, or most suitable for what I want to do.

Also been told to consider "Pro Show Gold", "ACDsee" or "DVD photo slide show by ANC soft"

Suggestions welcome.

The post is a little confusing. Do you want to just make a jpeg disc that contains all the images or do you want a DVD that you pop into the DVD player, sit back, put your feet up and watch a slide show of the images (with video)?

If the former, how you do it depends on your DVD/CD player; many will play a jpeg picture disc. Look at your player manual and find out what file format the player can handle. Use Creator Classic and add the folders containing the images, when you go to burn, select the format. If I remember correctly, it is ISO 9660 for mine.

Now if that is not what you want but if you want slide shows with videos and a menu to chose what you want to see, then EMC 10 will do that easily.

A couple of suggestions. Go to the Tips and Tricks area of EMC 9 and read the information about "One way of doing it". The go to the EMC 9 forum and download the trial version of EMC 9 to play with. If it seems logical to you, then consider buying the current product, EMC 10. They are much the same for what you want to do.

One very important thing before you try EMC 9. Please post your computer specs. WE can offer information on how well your computer will handle the program.

Archived