• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Burning A 24gb Folder (spanned Discs)

Marc Van Olmen

Question

I'm using MacOS 10.4.1 Toast 8.03 + pioneer 11d (also tried Sony DRU-700A external burnder) + Verbatim 2.4 DVD=R DL .

When I try to burn a 24GB folder, it is saying it is gonna need 4 of those disc but after the 1st disc it is is failing. Also progress information doesn't move anymore further and it looks like it stuck.... (pioneer failed during the 1st disk, Sony seems to pass 1st disk but fails in verify the first disk...)

any one better luck with this feature? Is this feature also available in Toast 7? Maybe I should download an older version and try if that works.

I would be nice if above feature would also allowed me to created 4 disk images that I can burn then later with another application!!

2 answers to this question

I've never tried doing spanned disc burning the DL media. Does it work if you burn to single-layer DVD media instead?

Yesterday I did it again and it worked with my Sony burner. I turned off verification. I just notice that the global progress percentage indicator, is way off after the 3rd disk was burning.

Archived