• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Dvd Builder Custom Themes - Wrong Font

shardlojik

Question

Hi,

I've been messing about with DVD Builder (from EMC 7.5) trying to make a menu etc. I've made my own custom theme, which appears to work OK. However if I set up chaptering for my video the auto-generated menu that it produces has the title in the wrong font (ie the font of the orignal theme I've based my custom theme on).

I've had a look round, and I just can't figure out where/how to change this font. It doesn't appear to be in any settings. Is there some way of specifying the font?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I've been messing about with DVD Builder (from EMC 7.5) trying to make a menu etc. I've made my own custom theme, which appears to work OK. However if I set up chaptering for my video the auto-generated menu that it produces has the title in the wrong font (ie the font of the orignal theme I've based my custom theme on).

I've had a look round, and I just can't figure out where/how to change this font. It doesn't appear to be in any settings. Is there some way of specifying the font?

Thanks in advance,

Jay

Hi Jay, I am not sure this will help you, but here is a workaround. I am not sure if when your setting the chapters fonts if they are preset or if you have a choice. You might play around with this and see if you can get it to get what you want. If not save this workaround in case you have a need in future projects. It is a a workaround from the old forum.

Different background and audio for main menu and chapters

Well it looks like a found a way to get the chapter menus to look and sound differently from the main menu. I was messing around with some stuff and found it by accident. Call it a bug if you like, but I usually call them undocumented features.

Unfortunately, you won’t be able to edit the chapters and they will all look and sound the same. But the main menu can be different from the chapters. First after setting it all up, but before picking your audio and background for the main menu. Go to the DVD Menu Settings in the Edit Task Pane. Press the select background photo and select the background you would like for the chapters. Then do the same for the audio. The main menu will look and sound the way you just selected. (Like the chapters you want.) You can do a preview to verify if you like. It seems that these buttons will do a global change of the project.

Now go back to editing and in the menu editor right click the menu picture. An option screen will appear. Select the option for change background and select your background. Do the same for change background audio. It seems that when you do it this way it is only a local change and does not change your chapter selections. Do a preview and when you go into the chapters the background video and audio will still be the originals that you selected with the main menu being the newer selections.

Just another note try to keep the audio (And you might have to do some editing.) to around 30 seconds and not over. Otherwise it can sound pretty dumb getting cut off or restarting in the middle. It is not all the control you want, but it does give you more options.

:)

Archived