• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

[mydvd] - Project Too Large For One Dvd

gold512

Question

What do i do if a project is larger than one dvds worth in mydvd?

I believe in some programs in previous versions actually allow multiple DVD burning, so it would have chapter 1 & 2 in one dvd and then 3 & 4 on another etc... is this also same with mydvd8?

It will save me time from actually going back to adobe premiere and splitting it and saving etc... and exporting which will take several hours.

15 answers to this question

Thank you guys. A friend of mine has easy cd and dvd creator 6, he imports and then at the end of each DVD it says 'please insert next disc'. I may be wrong about the program then. I will get back to you on this one.

Looks like i got to reinstall roxio emc8! LOL!

Sorry for misunderstanding in anyway. Really appreciate your help.

What do i do if a project is larger than one dvds worth in mydvd?

I believe in some programs in previous versions actually allow multiple DVD burning, so it would have chapter 1 & 2 in one dvd and then 3 & 4 on another etc... is this also same with mydvd8?

It will save me time from actually going back to adobe premiere and splitting it and saving etc... and exporting which will take several hours.

Just how large is your project....time wise? You certainly could split the file but I've done projects just a bit more than 7 gig and had great luck with the quality.

What about a dual layer dvd.....got one of those burners?

Well im on about 4+ hours. Along with effects etc... this would then be 60 minutes per DVD.

Really i dont want to go along with splitting the files, i know that roxio does this in older mydvd versions.

As with dual layer, it doesnt work with older dvd players.

Previous versions of MyDVD were written by Sonic. MyDVD 8 has very little in common with those previous versions other than the name. MyDVD8 code is based on the previous version from Roxio which was called DVD Builder and to my knowledge, did not automatically split VIDEO DVDs. EMC8 can span data projects across multiple disc, but then you have to use a special piece of software to get it back.

I didn't say the files couldn't be read back. EMC8 uses an app called Roxio Retrieve to read the spanned files. Spanning is done ONLY by Creator Classic as far as I know.

What I am saying, MyDVD can NOT create a DVD project and then burn it across two discs which is what I understand that you are trying to do.

Just did the research, its easy cd and dvd creator 6 which supports this. Know any places where i can buy it? EMC8 is nothing without this function IMHO.

I don't know where you did your research, but ECDC 6 is not able to span discs for a DVD Video production either. Like 8 (and 7 and 7.5 were), it is able to span a data dvd project, but then as has been mentioned before, you need the special retrieve program to get the data back off the discs. And a data dvd disc is not playable in a dvd player.

Gold512 - after some discussion and digging, We think you are referring to a movie that was spanned across two CDs (VCD project) - not DVDs. That feature seems to have been removed in EMC8. I just tried adding a 2 hour movie to a VCD project in MyDVD 8 and it would NOT span it over two CDs.

Just to make sure we are all on the same page, No Roxio version could ever span VCD/SVCD/DVD or Slideshows across multiple discs!!!

It can be done, but in reality you create 2 (or more) separate projects that 'look' like they are split. My personal best is a 3 disc set but no frills were used. You just keep feeding the next DVD until it is done.

Archived