• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
jwinva

Creator Plus Formatting Problems

Question

I am using roxio creator plus. I cannot get any of my new cd-rw disks to do a full format. I am using windows os xp pro. The disks start to format and after 30-35 mins. I get a fault "format failed due to media damage". I also get fault codes of 1)software exception 0xc00000le at location 0x0036ad99 "click ok to terminate", 2)"instruction @ 0x12985383 referenced memory @ 0x00000000 the memory cannot be read, click ok to terminate and 3)"runtime Error-R6025. If I recall correctly, I believe these problems started occurring with the installation of Windows sp1 and more pronounced when sp2 was installed. I have looked for updates for creator plus and haven't found any. Does anyone have a solution? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by jwinva

1 answer to this question

You need to try the Clean Install procedure. –

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/Creator/000086CR

It may seem tedious, but you are experiencing a downward spiral and there is no quick fix for that!

On the other hand your media may be reaching the end of its' life. I have had them fail in as few as 3 uses with others going past 100. I figure 50 as an average.