• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Videowave-preview Area

xptpt

Question

11 answers to this question

Consider the possibility that something was added to your computer recently that virtually corrupted your video drivers. IE 7 and WMP 11 have given people problems. Spyware is also a possibility as is some updates to your anti-virus program. Did you add any new programs recently or change your display properties -- something like changing your display font size to something other than 96 dpi? You might want to reinstall your video drivers.

This really sounds like an outside force working to cause a problem with the program. It is going to be difficult to diagnose your problem with a few posts. If it worked recently and now doesn't and you can't find any reason, do a Windows restore to the time when you know it worked and then start adding things one at a time until you find the one that caused the problem.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I checked for spyware and also uninstalled and reinstalled updated appropriate video drivers. Still, I have the problem. I did install IE7 and of course update my antivirus program on a regular basis. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. I checked for spyware and also uninstalled and reinstalled updated appropriate video drivers. Still, I have the problem. I did install IE7 and of course update my antivirus program on a regular basis. Any thoughts?

Roll back to IE 6. IE 7 has caused a lot of problems with a lot of different software; not only Roxio.

Sorry to see this thread end as I have the exact problem. Preview buttons in Videowave 8 were there before but now they're gone. Everything else appears to be working. I added a smal mpeg video, trimmed it, added a title slide, but now I can't preview it. Any ideas? I don't think it could be the video card or drivers since it had worked before. Thanks! :)

Sorry to see this thread end as I have the exact problem. Preview buttons in Videowave 8 were there before but now they're gone. Everything else appears to be working. I added a smal mpeg video, trimmed it, added a title slide, but now I can't preview it. Any ideas? I don't think it could be the video card or drivers since it had worked before. Thanks! :)

Consider the possibility that something was added to your computer recently that virtually corrupted your video drivers. IE 7 and WMP 11 have given people problems. Spyware is also a possibility as is some updates to your anti-virus program. Did you add any new programs recently or change your display properties -- something like changing your display font size to something other than 96 dpi? You might want to reinstall your video drivers.

This really sounds like an outside force working to cause a problem with the program. It is going to be difficult to diagnose your problem with a few posts. If it worked recently and now doesn't and you can't find any reason, do a Windows restore to the time when you know it worked and then start adding things one at a time until you find the one that caused the problem.

Archived