Videowave Hangs

berde01

Question

Just installed EMC 8 - when creating a slideshow - and using the edit in videowave - none of the slides are brought over and the system hangs - i receive error temp\\werf96.dir00\videoWave8.exe.mdmp

also - videowave8.exec appver7.03150

Modname: videowave8.exe

modver 7.03150

offset:00044B50

this also happen when I go to videowave through the applications menu

6 answers to this question

Edit ? There is no command in edit to add images. You have to add them from Add Photo/Video or from tools/Media Selector. If you are using the later and the computer hangs, the proxy file manager may "choke" if you try to add a lot of files by dragging them down at one time. My experience only. You are better off using Add Photo/Video and adding them by selecting some of them (ALT select) and then rearranging as necessary.

Or are you doing something else? Please explain in more detail and Post your computer specifications.

Just installed EMC 8 - when creating a slideshow - and using the edit in videowave - none of the slides are brought over and the system hangs - i receive error temp\\werf96.dir00\videoWave8.exe.mdmp

also - videowave8.exec appver7.03150

Modname: videowave8.exe

modver 7.03150

offset:00044B50

this also happen when I go to videowave through the applications menu

Edit ? There is no command in edit to add images. You have to add them from Add Photo/Video or from tools/Media Selector. If you are using the later and the computer hangs, the proxy file manager may "choke" if you try to add a lot of files by dragging them down at one time. My experience only. You are better off using Add Photo/Video and adding them by selecting some of them (ALT select) and then rearranging as necessary.

Or are you doing something else? Please explain in more detail and Post your computer specifications.

** In Slideshow - there are 3 steps, 1st one is to add the photos, second is to add special effects and the 3rd step brings you to VideoWave to be able to add music and other options. When I get to this step none of the photos are brought over and the system hangs.

If I go to VideoWave via the application menu and select VideoWave, the system will hang when I select New Slideshow or go to File and select new project.

Any help would be great since I have not been able to do anything in Videowave since I purchased the product.

Ah ha, you are using slide show assistant. That is what confused me. Some people have reported problems with using some of the assistants or "quick" programs. You are also saying that when you open VideoWave from the home menu, the system hangs when you go to start a new project.

Sometimes this is a problems with the drivers for your video card/chips and also for your sound card/chips. Make sure you have updated them with the latest drivers. How much free space do you have on your hard drive? Have you done a defrag lately and looked for spyware?

Please post you computer specs and maybe we can see something there. What anti-virus software are you using?

** In Slideshow - there are 3 steps, 1st one is to add the photos, second is to add special effects and the 3rd step brings you to VideoWave to be able to add music and other options. When I get to this step none of the photos are brought over and the system hangs.

If I go to VideoWave via the application menu and select VideoWave, the system will hang when I select New Slideshow or go to File and select new project.

Any help would be great since I have not been able to do anything in Videowave since I purchased the product.

Ah ha, you are using slide show assistant. That is what confused me. Some people have reported problems with using some of the assistants or "quick" programs. You are also saying that when you open VideoWave from the home menu, the system hangs when you go to start a new project.

Sometimes this is a problems with the drivers for your video card/chips and also for your sound card/chips. Make sure you have updated them with the latest drivers. How much free space do you have on your hard drive? Have you done a defrag lately and looked for spyware?

Please post you computer specs and maybe we can see something there. What anti-virus software are you using?

40 gig hard drive, 20 gig free space. 1 gig Ram just upgraded...MacAfee anti -virus, Defrag once a week. I haven't updated the drivers will try that tonight.

thanks alot

I was having similar problems. Here is what fixed it for me:

I had manually adjusted my hardware acceleration to the minimum setting to fix the problem with poor quality output of files and burning to DVD discs.

But, I was unable to add clips/photos to productions... it would hang. So, I adjusted the hardware acceleration to the maximum setting and immediately thereafter, the program worked fine.

It's easy and worth a try.

40 gig hard drive, 20 gig free space. 1 gig Ram just upgraded...MacAfee anti -virus, Defrag once a week. I haven't updated the drivers will try that tonight.

thanks alot

*** I called support on this - the problem was the Hardware Acceleration was turned off.

Archived