DominikHoffmann

Popcorn 3 Crashes And Hangs All The Time

Question

It seems that every other time Popcorn 3 unexpectedly quits while exporting a movie. I might have to go back to Popcorn 2, which in my memory wasn't as unstable. As far as the two new features for which I most appreciate the update from Version 2 to Version 3, the ability to pause and resume export processes and batch processing, are fast becoming moot. Because of the frequent crashes many times only the first in a batch of export succeeds, and I can use the kill -STOP <pid> and kill -CONT <pid> commands on the command line to paus and resume the whole application.

I am eagerly awaiting a Popcorn 3.0.3 that

1. fixes these instabilities and

2. will also make use of my Elgato Turbo.264, regardless, of whether I use custom settings, or not, and

3. will remember the details of my custom settings from one session to the next.

Do we have any hope of seeing these implemented? Otherwise, I feel a bit cheated, for having paid the upgrade fee.

Dominik Hoffmann

5 answers to this question

don't have the crash issue with Popcorn 3 when I use it to export files.

What kind of files are you exporting? What was the source file? If you provide more information on what you try to do, I can try to duplicate to see if I have the same error.

What kind of files are you exporting? What was the source file? If you provide more information on what you try to do, I can try to duplicate to see if I have the same error.

Most of the source material is from ripped DVDs (MPAA, FBI: I own the physical media!) for transfer to my Apple TV, so that my kids (down to toddler age) can view these repeatedly (not a crime, right?) without making the material effectively expire after a given number of uses.

Among these are all the Pixar movies, Looney Tunes Golden Collection, BBC's Planet Earth, etc.

Dominik

I am new to mac so forgive my ignorance. I downloaded popcorn 3 and mactheripper. I ripped the file fine. I opened up popcorn 3 and selected the video_ts folder. I dragged it into the appropriate area and then popcorn 3 shutdown. Can anyone give me some help. Thanks.

Most of the source material is from ripped DVDs (MPAA, FBI: I own the physical media!) for transfer to my Apple TV, so that my kids (down to toddler age) can view these repeatedly (not a crime, right?) without making the material effectively expire after a given number of uses.

Among these are all the Pixar movies, Looney Tunes Golden Collection, BBC's Planet Earth, etc.

Dominik

could be something wrong with files you ripped.

Just a note. Even if you buy and own the commercial DVDs, it is not legal to rip it.