Can't Find Burner

donandress

Question

Hello!

I've just reinstalled EMC7 + update and I cannot burn anymore. I checked forum and tried to use that registry tip with removing 'limits' but now my burner is visible only in windows and not in EMC. What to do? Other burning software can see the burner and all of them were installed before.

WinXP SP2

EMC7.0 + latest update

NEC 3500A with latest firmware

25 answers to this question

The only other burning software I have is UltraISO, but I also use Daemon Tools 4.0.

From Roxio packet I have only these components installed:

capture

creator classic

disc copier

label creator

media manager

roxio player

roxio retrieve

That's what I can find in Windows Start menu.

All programs listed here were used before reinstallation.

It could very well be Daemon Tools causing this problem. Only way to know is to remove it and see if that helps. Virtual drives and disc emulators have been known to cause problems.

It could very well be Daemon Tools causing this problem. Only way to know is to remove it and see if that helps. Virtual drives and disc emulators have been known to cause problems.

There has only been about 500 times since the boards were switched, that I wanted the database from the old forums. This is number 501. Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120, and one other virtual drive software, caused problems with almost every burning software out there. I am almost sure that it was all fixed in one of the updates in 7.0 and was never a problem in 7.5.

I am not sure though. If I had that database, I could tell you pretty fast. :)

Did you try the burning engine update that Terry posted earlier in the thread?

You can also try removing your burner in System Properties under the Device Manager and rebooting which might help EMC pick it up. There's definitely a conflict somewhere.

What other programs are installed on your system?

I just uninstalled my DVD-ROM, restarted my computer. Windows automatically reinstall DVD-ROM. Still the same....

I don't have any other CD Burning programs other then the one that is in Win XP.

It could very well be Daemon Tools causing this problem. Only way to know is to remove it and see if that helps.

Seriuosly guys, Daemon Tools was installed like forever. Is it a problem thou? I'm gonna check it and let you know.

[EDIT]

No, it didn't help. Daemon Tools was uninstalled and removed from the registry but nothing happened. Still no burner in EMC.

What now?

Seriuosly guys, Daemon Tools was installed like forever. Is it a problem thou? I'm gonna check it and let you know.

[EDIT]

No, it didn't help. Daemon Tools was uninstalled and removed from the registry but nothing happened. Still no burner in EMC.

What now?

This most likely will not work but it's worth a try and is harmless. Go into your System Properties/Device Manager and remove your cd/dvd drives and reboot. Maybe when Windows picks them up on boot, it'll clear out any problems.

You did say you tried the upper/lower filters fix correct? Might be worth it to try again without Daemon installed.

I just uninstalled my DVD-ROM, restarted my computer. Windows automatically reinstall DVD-ROM. Still the same....

I don't have any other CD Burning programs other then the one that is in Win XP.

Did you try this yet (it has been suggested twice, but you have not said yet):

Try updating this burning engine:

http://patches.sonic.com/PX/pxengine1_08_34a.exe

Are you trying to burn to a CD or a DVD? You aren't going to be able to burn to a DVD with a DVD-ROM. It only reads DVD's.

Are you trying to burn to a CD or a DVD? You aren't going to be able to burn to a DVD with a DVD-ROM. It only reads DVD's.

Yes i have already tried the burning engine, it did nothing.

I am just trying to burn a data CD. I do have a DVD-RW, but I'm not burning a DVD. it's just my drive isn't readable by EMC that's it.

This most likely will not work but it's worth a try and is harmless.

That's right, didn't work.

Is there any chance to make it work without reinstalling Windows?

I miss the times when WinOnCD 5 was on top. I had no problems at all. Unfortunately it didn't support DVD format :(

Seriously, any later version of WinOn or EMC simply sucks. Always problems. I'm sick of it...

I have tried to delete the upper and lower filter. After I did that, my itunes burner stopped working. itunes won't even load because of it, and it asked me to reinstall itunes.

iTunes is a known problem. Make sure you're running the latest version which supposedly fixed this problem.

But that still didn't fix my EMC problem.

Did you try the burning engine update that Terry posted earlier in the thread?

You can also try removing your burner in System Properties under the Device Manager and rebooting which might help EMC pick it up. There's definitely a conflict somewhere.

What other programs are installed on your system?

Hello!

I've just reinstalled EMC7 + update and I cannot burn anymore. I checked forum and tried to use that registry tip with removing 'limits' but now my burner is visible only in windows and not in EMC. What to do? Other burning software can see the burner and all of them were installed before.

WinXP SP2

EMC7.0 + latest update

What other burning software? If you have EMC's Drag to Disc installed along with another packet writing program such as Sonic DLA or Nero's InCD, you'll have the exact problem you mention. Remove one of them, reboot and you should be ok.

What other burning software?

The only other burning software I have is UltraISO, but I also use Daemon Tools 4.0.

From Roxio packet I have only these components installed:

capture

creator classic

disc copier

label creator

media manager

roxio player

roxio retrieve

That's what I can find in Windows Start menu.

All programs listed here were used before reinstallation.

Hello!

WinXP SP2

EMC7.0 + latest update

I have the exact same problem. Everything was fine until I took 7 off and then reinstalled. I reinstalled using custom without the drag to disc and the drive showes up in the window but when you try to burn it tells you no recorder. I even followed the Microsoft fix of deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry but that doesn't work either. All other writing software has been removed. Roxio has put something in some where but I don't know where.

I have the exact same problem. Everything was fine until I took 7 off and then reinstalled. I reinstalled using custom without the drag to disc and the drive showes up in the window but when you try to burn it tells you no recorder. I even followed the Microsoft fix of deleting the upper and lower filters in the registry but that doesn't work either. All other writing software has been removed. Roxio has put something in some where but I don't know where.

Everything is back for me. I unloaded 7 again, went back to an earlier restore date/point when everything was working, reinstalled 7. Things seem to be working now. I just got my project burned to disc and made two copies ---- all is well. Except, just went to remove a couple of programs I don't use to gain more disc space, the removal tool just blinks without removing the programs. I had deleted these programs just yesterday and I imagine that going back to restore a date 2 weeks ago has something to do with it. This Roxio has become a real PITA. Now I have to figure out why Add/Remove programs isn't working. Ugggg!

Archived