Sign in to follow this  
HerbB

Sound Editor

Question

Have recorded tapes in WAV format to Sound Editor. When I first recorded and exported to iTunes, they sounded fine. When I recorded some new tapes in same format, the first 4 or 5 tracks sound fine, but the remainder are distorted. When I went back and played the the tracks already recorded the same problem occurred.

I re-installed EMC 9-same problem.

Sound on all other music,i.e. iTunes sounds great which appear to eliminate a sound card problem.

2 answers to this question

Have recorded tapes in WAV format to Sound Editor. When I first recorded and exported to iTunes, they sounded fine. When I recorded some new tapes in same format, the first 4 or 5 tracks sound fine, but the remainder are distorted. When I went back and played the the tracks already recorded the same problem occurred.

I re-installed EMC 9-same problem.

Sound on all other music,i.e. iTunes sounds great which appear to eliminate a sound card problem.

Use Widows, Start, Run, type in dxdiag, click OK, wait until the window opens and go to the Sound Tab, turn down the audio acceleration. All the way to start. Did that help? If so, you can play with the setting that works for you.

You might also want to update the drivers for your audio card/chip. Start with the computer manufacturer's web site and if you can't find anything there, go to the device manufacturer's web site.

Use Widows, Start, Run, type in dxdiag, click OK, wait until the window opens and go to the Sound Tab, turn down the audio acceleration. All the way to start. Did that help? If so, you can play with the setting that works for you.

You might also want to update the drivers for your audio card/chip. Start with the computer manufacturer's web site and if you can't find anything there, go to the device manufacturer's web site.

Thanks. Checked for updated driver for Creative SB Live and discovered they no longer support. Will check w/Dell to see if they can help.

Also tried the audio acceleration and that didn't seem to do anything. Appreciated your help.