Sign in to follow this  
portfoleyo

Exporting Vob File

Question

I have recently tried exporting a .vob file to .mov file on toast 7.1.3. I noticed the sound quality was very grainy. I've tried different formats for the exported file such as .mpg. Also i changed the audio quality from normal to better, than best. also changed the bitrate. still no change. In vob form the audio is find. is there a setting i still need to change?

2 answers to this question

Toast doesn't work well with VOBs if they are dragged directly into the Toast Video window. Instead they need to be part of a VIDEO_TS folder and then extracted as MPEG files using the Toast Media Browser. After they are in their MPEG format Toast can export that to other formats. If your VOBs are in a VIDEO_TS folder then place that folder on your desktop, choose DVD with the top button in the Media Browser window and drag whatever titles you want from the media browser to the Video window (with DVD video selected as the format) in order to extract the MPEG file.

If the VOB is not in a VIDEO_TS folder then open the VOB in MPEG Streamclip and choose Convert to MPEG from the File menu. Use that MPEG in Toast.