• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Disc Copy Problems

pseudonym

Question

Toast 8.0.3 doesn't seem to recognize (non-copy-protected) discs when inserted for copying in the internal Superdrive. However, the disc is recognized by Toast in that disc information is available under the menu "Recorder-->Disc Info...".

No other drive is attached. In order to copy, I have to create a disc image of the original CD or DVD, and use Toast to copy the image. I have all of the CD-DVD System Prefs set to Ignore. The CD/DVDs appear normally on the desktop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

7 answers to this question

If I suspect that there may be preference anomalies, is there a way of removing or resetting Toast's preference files/plist ?

I just trash the Toast prefs and plist files that are in the User>Library>Preferences folder. Relaunching Toast then initiates the Toast setup assistant (which also is accessible from the Toast Help menu). Your registration info is remembered so it doesn't need to be re-entered.

Unfortunately the trashing of the plist and pref files did not do the trick. Toast still is not fully aware of an inserted DVD such that it will allow me to copy it. Again, these are DVDs that I produced with Toast myself.

Are there any known issues with regard to specific model drives?

The drive in my MacBook is:

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-S10N

Any suggestions appreciated.

Unfortunately the trashing of the plist and pref files did not do the trick. Toast still is not fully aware of an inserted DVD such that it will allow me to copy it. Again, these are DVDs that I produced with Toast myself.

Are there any known issues with regard to specific model drives?

The drive in my MacBook is:

HL-DT-ST DVDRW GSA-S10N

Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm sorry but I cannot think of any reason the DVD does not appear when Disc Copy is selected in the Copy window. The only times I've had any similar difficulty are when I have multiple drives connected and the "Read From" was pointed to the other drive, or when the disc failed to mount in the Finder.

>>What application are you using to create the disc image?

Disk Utility

>>Given your description I cannot think of any reason Toast fails to recognize the disc in the Copy window.

It seems that now Toast will recognize CDs for copying, but DVDs that I burned myself with Toast are not recognized, but ARE listed in the Get Info, as indicated above.

Archived