• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 14 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

8 Causes Xp Pro To Dump

paulwolpert

Question

When xp pro starts up, after 8 is installed, I get an error which links to MS stating there is a driver problem.

If I continue windows will run for a while and then go to a memory dump. Starting some applications will also cause a memory dump.

If I remove 8 everything returns to normal.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 8600.

Any thoughts?

Paul

11 answers to this question

If you returned EMC 8 for a refund then how were you able to install 8? Illegal copy?

Hey slow down, I was only trying to help. If you look over in 7, you will see I had post relating to lost drives after removing 7, installing 8, removing 8 and finally doing what I did (after suggestions from the 7 board and Plextor) to get my CD/DVD drives back. When I talk about 7, I am talking about the Basic Version which comes with the Plextor drive. I liked the Basic version so much, I ordered 8 from Amazon.com and tried to use it for almost 3 weeks. I tried everything suggested on this board to make things work. I concluded that either my Dell 8600 with the same configuration as this orginal post just was not going to run EMC 8 or the program was not ready to be released yet. I had time to get my money back, so I did. Today, I am producing DVDs using my Basic 7 and I do not intend to use anything else until I get a newer PC. Since I do not have an issue anymore, I will leave these boards untill I do. Thanks for the help I recieved.

Hi Paul, can you post a bit more info like what you see on my signiture, just mainly the service packs , and video card, ect, then we can try to sort out your issue.

regards

Dell 8600 Inspiron

Pentium M 1.7, 768 ram

NVDIA GeForce Go (Dell Mobile) 64m, driver 6.7.4.2 10/26/04

Sigma Tel C Major Audio, driver 5.10.0.3952 11/5/04

Philips DVD+rw SDVD6004, driver 5.1.25350 7/1/01

XP Pro, SP2

Hope this helps,

Paul

Hey slow down, I was only trying to help. If you look over in 7, you will see I had post relating to lost drives after removing 7, installing 8, removing 8 and finally doing what I did (after suggestions from the 7 board and Plextor) to get my CD/DVD drives back. When I talk about 7, I am talking about the Basic Version which comes with the Plextor drive. I liked the Basic version so much, I ordered 8 from Amazon.com and tried to use it for almost 3 weeks. I tried everything suggested on this board to make things work. I concluded that either my Dell 8600 with the same configuration as this orginal post just was not going to run EMC 8 or the program was not ready to be released yet. I had time to get my money back, so I did. Today, I am producing DVDs using my Basic 7 and I do not intend to use anything else until I get a newer PC. Since I do not have an issue anymore, I will leave these boards untill I do. Thanks for the help I recieved.

You may end up being right. I did notice where Dell had a special release for Creator 5. I had just changed from 5 to 8. Now without running software may end up back at 5 if there is no resolution.

Paul

Dell 8600 Inspiron

Pentium M 1.7, 768 ram

XP Pro, SP2

Hope this helps,

Paul

What does the driver error say?

You may end up being right. I did notice where Dell had a special release for Creator 5. I had just changed from 5 to 8. Now without running software may end up back at 5 if there is no resolution.

Paul

I guess that I would still have to say that I would steer clear of any Pentium M computer. Maybe someone can set me straight, but isn't the Pentium M a reborn Pentium III computer? If it is, it doesn't have the horses to run the software.

Dell 8600 Inspiron

Pentium M 1.7, 768 ram

XP Pro, SP2

Hope this helps,

Paul

I have the same machine and could not work with anything without it crashing. After reading all of the different boards, I removed EMC 8 and returned it for a refund. Then the fun started, I reinstalled 7 and then spent many hours trying to get my burners back (they were not being recognized by 7 anymore). I finally was able to restore my system back before I installed 8 and then reinstalled 7 again and everything worked. EMC 8 is one bad monster.

I have the same machine and could not work with anything without it crashing. After reading all of the different boards, I removed EMC 8 and returned it for a refund. Then the fun started, I reinstalled 7 and then spent many hours trying to get my burners back (they were not being recognized by 7 anymore). I finally was able to restore my system back before I installed 8 and then reinstalled 7 again and everything worked. EMC 8 is one bad monster.

And of course that is one opinion out of over 2 million world wide users of EMC8, iv been a user from version 6 and had no issues, so take what you want from ricecrispys comment.

Besides ricecrispy, if you returned it, and you are on version 7 then why are you posting in the version 8 site?.......

Now back to paulwolpert who is doing something constructive and trying to sort his issue,

Looking forward to the driver issue info ...

If you returned EMC 8 for a refund then how were you able to install 8? Illegal copy?

I can see one computer that I will steer clear of. :)

I can see one computer that I will steer clear of. :)

I had to uninstall the software to run some other applications I needed. Will have to reinstall to get the exact error message.

The message comes up on OS startup saying that there is a driver problem which MS can not identify.

Creator 8 will run until the OS crashes, which will crash with or without 8 running. There are other applications which will crash the system when started if 8 is installed.

See above posting for driver info.

Paul

When xp pro starts up, after 8 is installed, I get an error which links to MS stating there is a driver problem.

If I continue windows will run for a while and then go to a memory dump. Starting some applications will also cause a memory dump.

If I remove 8 everything returns to normal.

I'm running a Dell Inspiron 8600.

Any thoughts?

Paul

Hi Paul, can you post a bit more info like what you see on my signiture, just mainly the service packs , and video card, ect, then we can try to sort out your issue.

regards

Archived